07/09/2009 interview questions and 07/18/2009 POE

Thank you CFLers, my husband and I are so grateful that we have got much help here. As husband posted something during my interview. It is my turn to post.

On Jult 9, son and I were called to window NO. 23 where there was a handsome VO. He only asked me some easy questions without asking any questions to son. It took about 1 minute that he gave me pink.

These questions were:

VO:Good morning. How are you?

ME:I am fine, and you?

VO:I am good. Is this your son?

ME:Yes.

VO:He can sit back to the seat.

ME: Do you mean my son can sit back?

VO:Yes.Where did you learn English?

ME:I learned English at xxx where my major was English.

VO:ha ha ha, so your major was English.

ME:Yes.

VO:How did you meet?

ME:We met over internet on a single's web site.

VO:Which web site?

ME:xxxxx

VO:Your English is very good!

ME:Thank you.

VO:How many times has he met you in person?

ME: 3 times.

VO:When did you get married?

ME:xxxxxxx

VO:Where did he propose to you?

ME:At Mutianyu GREAT WALL.That is really beautiful memory.

VO:How many children does your husband have?

ME:He does not have any children of his own.

VO:Where does he live?

ME:xxxxxxx

Later I asked one question. It seemed that he did not expect Chinese woman would ask him a question.

ME:By the way, could I ask you a question? Is there any further processing on my case after I get approved?

VO:No, NO. Just wait for a couple of days.

Edited by amanda1969 (see edit history)

Husband, son and I flew from Harbin ---Beijing----Newark----Tampa on July 18.

The flight arrived at 5:40 pm at Newark airport. Because of rush hour, the flight was waiting in line for arrival. We got off at about 6:00pm and husband led us to visitor's entry. There we submitted our visa packages and got photo shot and fingerprint. Husband submitted Customs Declaration form(CR1 does not need I-94) to the offical and we had to wait. In about one hour, we were called to the counter and signed both son's name and my name with right fingerprint on the ducument.Nither son nor me were asked any questions.

Actually at POE our plane had to wait about 10 minutes to be able to pull up to the gate, we only had about a total of two hours before our flight to Tampa, which was the last one that evening. In China wife told me that I didn't do a good job to pick these flights because there didn't seem to be enough time.

We got off the plane and took the long walk to immigration, there was no one else there so we were the fist in line and went thru in about 5 minutes, it's now 6pm and the official lead us downstairs to wait for the final processing of the visa before we could get our luggage, go thru customs, recheck our bags, go thru security, and make our way to the gate. By 6:30 we were still waiting for someone to process our visa's, I had spoken with an official several times and the answer was "you'll just have to wait" from what I could tell they wanted to process K visa's before CR visas. I finally took our boarding passes to the officer and showed him, hoping for some action, he was polite and said he would do them next, he did, and we made it to the gate about 15 minutes before departure.

From our interview at GUZ to arriving home in Tampa, this was as bad as it got, and I have no complaints.