Sending out P3 packet before even receiving it?

I see some people send the P3 packet out before even receiving it. I am curious to know how the GUZ consulate can link the packet with the petitioner? In DS-230 Part I, it doesn't really have the petitioner info except maybe the US Address in field 10.

I see some people send the P3 packet out before even receiving it. I am curious to know how the GUZ consulate can link the packet with the petitioner? In DS-230 Part I, it doesn't really have the petitioner info except maybe the US Address in field 10.

This is how it is done, US Citizen petitioner calls DOS Visa services a couple of times a week, and as soon as DOS indicates that Guangzhou has sent out packet 3, the beneficiary in China mails the documents to Guangzhou.

DOS Visa services is: 202-663-1225

The GUZ or GZO case number is noted on the forms (OF-169) so the consulate can and will match this up with the file.

You can download and fill out DS-230 Part 1, and OF-169 from DOS and Guangzhou.

OF-169 DS-230

And mail them to:

United States Consulate Guangzhou

IV Unit

1 Shamian South Street

Guangzhou, 510133 PRC

This is how it is done, US Citizen petitioner calls DOS Visa services a couple of times a week, and as soon as DOS indicates that Guangzhou has sent out packet 3, the beneficiary in China mails the documents to Guangzhou.

The GUZ or GZO case number is noted on the forms (OF-169) so the consulate can and will match this up with the file.

OF-169 DS-230

And mail them to:

IV Unit

1 Shamian South Street

Guangzhou, 510133 PRC

That's right. I forgot about the OF-169. Is DOS same as NVC? the number for NVC is 603-334-0700 though. I am still waiting for my NVC case number...

Thanks for answering my questions!

That's right. I forgot about the OF-169. Is DOS same as NVC? the number for NVC is 603-334-0700 though. I am still waiting for my NVC case number...

Thanks for answering my questions!

NVC is a part of DOS just like the consulate and embassy ar parts of DOS. DOS it the Department Of State, NVC, The Embassy, and Consulates answer to DOS.

NVC wont have any information about the case after they send it on to the consulate, DOS Visa services (202-663-1225) will.

Guest Wuhan4me

FWIW, you can shave off 2 to 5 weeks with a 'fast P3'...

Why 2 to 5 weeks, you ask? Well, they don't schedule interviews EVERY DAY, they schedule them throughout the month. Historically they have had 'scheduling days' anywhere from 2 to 3 times each month.

What 'state' is your case in, anyway?

OF-169 DS-230

And mail them to:

IV Unit

1 Shamian South Street

Guangzhou, 510133 PRC

Thanks for being some helpful! Couple more questions:

1. What happens to DS-230 Part II. Do we get it in the mail?

2. When sending the packet, do we send both the English version and the Chinese version?

Thanks!

Why 2 to 5 weeks, you ask? Well, they don't schedule interviews EVERY DAY, they schedule them throughout the month. Historically they have had 'scheduling days' anywhere from 2 to 3 times each month.

I think so too. From the timelines I have been seeing, from sending back of the P3 to the interview is like 2 months. I am in California.

Oh, by 'state', do you mean status? I got my NOA2 and am waiting for NVC to forward my case to GUZ. I am hoping they process my case as fast as the others, which is about 8 days.

2. When sending the packet, do we send both the English version and the Chinese version?

Thanks!

1. DS-230 part 2 is not used for K-Visas, it is used for Immigrant visas like CR-1 and IR-1. K-1 use DS-156K instead.

2. Just the English version, the Chinese version is provided as refrence for filling out the English version.

Thanks!

1. DS-230 part 2 is not used for K-Visas, it is used for Immigrant visas like CR-1 and IR-1. K-1 use DS-156K instead.

2. Just the English version, the Chinese version is provided as refrence for filling out the English version.

Have one more question :rolleyes:

For the "K Nonimmigrant Visa Application Fee", do we need to pay the fee before sending out P3?

Thanks!

no you pay it before the interview/medical at citibank.

Careful there Citibank http://www.citibank.com.cn/homepage/images/cn/logo.gif has locations in China http://www.citibank.com.cn/homepage/cn/cn_homepage.htm

BUT they are NOT the bank that the consulate uses.

The consulate uses CITIC Bank http://www.yishengbo.com/image/bank_logo_citic.gif

http://www.ecitic.com/bank/personal/chuguo/5.htm

Applicants must pay a non-refundable application fee at CITIC bank. After paying this fee, you will receive a receipt that must be included in the visa application and present to the consular officer at the time of the interview. Please contact CITIC bank for questions regarding the application fee amount and payment procedure. Click here to find the CITIC bank branch near you.

Effective January 1, 2008, the application fee for a U.S. nonimmigrant visa will increase from $100 to $131. Applicants who paid the prior $100 application fee before January 1 will be processed only if they are scheduled and appear for a visa interview before January 31. Applicants who paid the prior $100 application fee and appear for visa interviews after January 31, 2008 must pay the difference -- $31 -- before they can be interviewed.

Please do NOT tape or glue your application fee receipt on any of the printed out forms if you apply for a visa at the U.S. Consulate Guangzhou.

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/how_to_apply.html (Note K-Visas are NON-Immigrant so I quoted fee payment from the consulate.) http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/up..._fee-May_09.pdf