Many PINKS!!!

Mei's cousin has just helped me with my computer connection issues, so I can finally connect, but also checking out of hotel......

Simply a flood of Pink from CFLers maybe Bill, Scott, Matt, Andrew or Dave can give updates.........

Mei tells me we have to leave now.......

Happy Days!!!!

Yes, it is.

Unfortunately, I saw only one definite white from a woman we met at Mr. Xia. She had been married a year to a man in SC. He was not there.

She was very nice and dressed very well. I had only seen her in shorts, so I had to look a couple of times to know it was her. She came down from the 5th floor and was mortified and asked me to read her white.

The print is extremely small and at the coffee shop the lighting is less than adequate. Anyway, non bon a fide. Mei was right behind her and heard the female VO tell her that she did not believe her relationship was real. From what I was able to gather, the red flags were from his end.....

Anyway, I spent a lot of time at ACH. Well......Well worth the experience. I had 2 VOs and my father to listen, so I had a field day with questions. They answered every one.

Bill was behind us and wanted to apologize to the VOs for me asking so much. BUT hey, it was my one shot and others were there taking their time as well. Simply, awesome. They took the time to answer ALL my concerns.

About 20 to 30 minutes worth. Cleared up a lot of misconceptions I had read.

And at ACS. The same thing. I had the sole attention of the Vice Consul. She answered everything. At least 30 to 45 minutes with her as well. Covering everything under the sun.

Make the effort to go to both ACS and ACH, if you have solid questions and concerns. They will listen to you........

Their case load is about 10,000 per year per VO. They are hard pressed, but do know of CFL and really made a great impression with me anyways!

And at ACH, the VOs did not even stop to type into the computer. Later I talked to Bill and he said that after we left, he took some time to add comments to the computer file.

The only twist was that Mei did NOT get the young male VO about his early thirties.

Mei said that the male VOs were going quickly, but the female VOs were taking their time especially with questions. She got the female VO.

But right at the beginning, she told Mei that our case was very simple. But she did not conduct the interview in Chinese. All English questions and Mei did great...

Have tons to share if any are interested after spending at least an hour talking to 2 male VOs and the female Vice Consul.

I am not one to usually give great praise unless deserved.........

Bottom line is that I have read tons of posts here and at VJ, she was extremely Professional.

Later I may share her name from the notarized copy, since I do not want to mess up the spelling. And Marc Cook, who helped me with my stolen passport was on vacation, but everyone there was simply out to help....

Maybe there has been a changing of the guard, I do not know, but I was beyond impressed.

And even for the skeptical, the Vice Consul convinced me that they look heavily into the background of the women being petitioned for to actually protect the American petitioners. But also understands that sometimes they miss........so take that as you will.

Since I met Mei online, my friends and I spent 7 months doing as much checks on the women that I had met as possible. No question there are women and agencies out there that wish to take your money and scam.

Thanks to all the help her. I am now going to let my mind completely VEG!!!

And one more note..........they have a new computer system for processing the final step before the visa issue.

The Vice Consul told me it adds about a day delay due to the US time difference. Recently, all.......ALL visas must bounce back from a final computer check in the States.....with the time difference, basically adding at least an additional day delay from the past...

Good luck everyone.............from a very Happy man in China

At ACH and ACS, I asked so many questions and covered so many topics, it could take several posts, but one more note that I found very interesting.........due to many previous posts.

Concerning having the I-134 notarized and how/if info passes from the ACS to the IV unit.

First of all, they do NOT share information as has been previously discussed. Information collected/notarized at ACS does not pass to the computer system of the IV unit.........learned from the Vice Consul.

A common misconception. Although in close physical proximity, the systems are independent and not shared or connected.

Also the first person you talk to at ACS is simply a gate keeper and not a VO. But is instructed from the VOs.

The first document notarized will cost you 30 dollars. Following pages will cost 20 dollars.

The first woman at the window was aware of the new I-134 document and was instructed by the VOs that it was not necessary to notarize as has been covered here before....new form does not require a notary.

But I was willing to forego the added 20 dollars to have it in the "System" prior to our interview.

I was assured that it would be a waste of 20 dollars by both the gate keeper and the Vice Consul.

So I did not. My fiancee was not questioned about my I-134 during her interview.

Good luck to all.

Since I met Mei online, my friends and I spent 7 months doing as much checks on the women that I had met as possible. No question there are women and agencies out there that wish to take your money and scam.

Great post, SO TRUE!

Doing some back checking of your own is very good advice.

In my case I met my wife through 2 different sites, the first one had sent me an email "Admirer Note", I then spotted her on a different site and mad contact there. Over time I learned many things and was able to confirm she was the real deal by finding the school's website that she told me she was teaching English at. Her picture is still up there: http://www.westschool.com.cn/Staff-eng.htm (Rosemary Vice-Principal) <_<

Congrats on the PINK!

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)