CR1: Any reason to get 2nd/3rd round of vaccinations?

My wife got her visa in June, and we will enter the US at the end of November. Is there any reason to get the 2nd/3rd round of vaccinations? Do they care at point of entry?

The reason I ask is because we live far away from any of the "approved clinics", so it would be a really expensive trip just for a few shots. Seems like there is no incentive for a CR1 to continue with the shots, but we would do them in the US for free at a local public clinic.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by waingro (see edit history)

My wife got her visa in June, and we will enter the US at the end of November. Is there any reason to get the 2nd/3rd round of vaccinations? Do they care at point of entry?

The reason I ask is because we live far away from any of the "approved clinics", so it would be a really expensive trip just for a few shots. Seems like there is no incentive for a CR1 to continue with the shots, but we would do them in the US for free at a local public clinic.

Thanks in advance!

Your CR-1 as my wife is also.

No!!! your done with vaccinations

Enjoy life for almost two years until you file I-751

You file 90 days before two years anniversary from time of U.S. entry date.

In our case my wife started the vaccinations series in China.

When she enrolled in US college, they insisted that the vaccinations be completed OR tested for immunity (TITER TEST)

It is best to have these completed or at least tested for immunity, for piece of mind.

Having Chicken-pox (Shingles) as an adult is NOT FUN, as well as MUMPS, Measles, Rubella, or LOCK-JAW.

Get them completed.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

my wife is cr-1 and she had her first shoot in china. she followed up with her second shoot in nyc. she is complete with vaccinations. also, warning from the nurse, she should not have babies after 6 months or babies may be in danger due to shoots. :mbounce:

edit: i dont think you can have all your shoots in 1 shoot.

Edited by george lee (see edit history)

One consideration is for her health.

If you complete the 2 and 3 rounds of shots, then she is immune for life from the illnesses.

If you do not complete the shots, then she could still get the diseases.

In my mind, the finishing up of the shots is just a little insurance.