We received an Interview Date

Just after receving notice that all documents have been completed we have received an interview dates (August 10th).

So, now we are preparing documents, evidence, etc for her to bring to Guangzhou (she will go with her mother and son to the interview and asked me to come later for a relaxing vacation in China. Then we'll come back together). I have some questions now.

1. Who are the Yangs and how can we employ their services?

2. Right or Wrong, I sent a lot of original translations, pictures, and other info along with my I-130 application. Would those documents have been forwarded to the NVC and then on to Guangzhou? I have black and white copies of the translations, would that work or would we need new ones? These are translations of my apartment agreement, phone records, and hotel stays in Hangzhou.

3. My wife had her son out of wedlock in South Africa but has all the birth certificate and documentation regarding his birth and his relationship to her. But, we noticed DNA testing.. Has anyone had to go through such a process?

4. Anything else anyone can throw in here that I might not be thinking of.

Thanks in advance.

Guest Wuhan4me

1. http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14102

2. will you get stuff back? it depends. if the casefile was sent out via dhl, then yes. if this was not the case - hard to say. If you did electronic processing with NVC, then you MUST show original documents at the Interview in GUZ (marriage certificate, police record, I-864 with supporting docs, DS-230 parts 1 and 2). The 'procedure' for original documents has changed a lot in the last 18 months - it used to be, for I-130, that the original documents were submitted during the NVC processing stage. So submit a copy on original submittal, then the original PLUS a copy during NVC processing. Now, with electronic processing at NVC, it's all changed up, yet again.

3. DNA testing has only been mentioned here at CFL as a result of a blue slip, so far not asked to be shown during interview day.

4. Usually a copy of everything you've already submitted, in a carry file, plus any NEW records of trips, any NEW photos taken since you submitted the I-130. If the police report is over 1 year old, get a new one, asap.

Edited by Wuhan4me (see edit history)

1. http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14102

2. will you get stuff back? it depends. if the casefile was sent out via dhl, then yes. if this was not the case - hard to say. If you did electronic processing with NVC, then you MUST show original documents at the Interview in GUZ (marriage certificate, police record, I-864 with supporting docs, DS-230 parts 1 and 2). The 'procedure' for original documents has changed a lot in the last 18 months - it used to be, for I-130, that the original documents were submitted during the NVC processing stage. So submit a copy on original submittal, then the original PLUS a copy during NVC processing. Now, with electronic processing at NVC, it's all changed up, yet again.

3. DNA testing has only been mentioned here at CFL as a result of a blue slip, so far not asked to be shown during interview day.

4. Usually a copy of everything you've already submitted, in a carry file, plus any NEW records of trips, any NEW photos taken since you submitted the I-130. If the police report is over 1 year old, get a new one, asap.

You MUST have the order from the consulate before you get the test done

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=493386

1. Who are the Yangs and how can we employ their services?

Thanks in advance.

Here is their contact information, best to have a Chinese speaking person contact them.

http://i350.photobucket.com/albums/q408/ltbadd/Yangs.jpg