AOS interview for Ling and Boys

Hi everyone,

Well, got home this friday the 17th and found allot of letters from the USCIS for interview for AOS.

Now I had hoped to get out of this but I guess I won't.

There is a whole list of what to bring to the interview which is everything that was submitted for AOS and than some. I have copies of almost everything so am OK.

I guess the one thing that is written in the letters is "if you are not fluent in English" bring a translator".

Ling is not fluent but OK (fair and learning,level 3 conversation english) and the boys are far from fluent (Poor),,so I am wondering from people having gone to these AOS interviews.....Should I consider bringing a human translator???

I think I can get a just graduated college graduate ,to come with us,,but do you all think it is necessary??

Tom and Ling

Tom and Ling,

This is quick turn around from USCIS, don't you think? Perhaps, they have quicken their process now. My hus got this Bio appt done on 7/7, maybe ours interview will be right after yours.

May I know if your case got updated on USCIS's website? If so, does it say that an interview sent to you? I have been checking the website everyday, but no change.

If you don't mind me asking you, may I ask which state will you be having your interview yet? I think if my hus needs interview, we will be doing so in NY.

Hope everythings go well for Ling at the interview.

Depending on the interviewer, one of two things can happen

1) They can decide it's real cute how you help her out and communicate with her (big plus)

- or -

2) They can stop the interview, insist that you re-schedule, and bring a translator next time

It's important that she be able to communicate with the interviewer, but not necessarily at 100%.

If you can find one (or hire one) fairly easily, you may not want to take the chance. Our IO had our translator (a friend) sit the back and stay out of it at first

Tom and Ling,

This is quick turn around from USCIS, don't you think? Perhaps, they have quicken their process now. My hus got this Bio appt done on 7/7, maybe ours interview will be right after yours.

May I know if your case got updated on USCIS's website? If so, does it say that an interview sent to you? I have been checking the website everyday, but no change.

If you don't mind me asking you, may I ask which state will you be having your interview yet? I think if my hus needs interview, we will be doing so in NY.

Hope everythings go well for Ling at the interview.

Hi Missingyou,

Ling and the boys interview will be in Durham NC. Same place as the biometrics.

On the USCIS's site there were not updates or touches for AOS,,they are still as they were..so I don't think the interview was e-mailed or placed on web-site.

The web-site has said nothing about interview,,so they may not tell you either.

The interview is about 2 months from biometric.

The USCIS made a mistake on the boys EAC which I am going to have to call and correct. The cards have the boys as 7/25/1995,,but their birthday is 7/24/1995. I think the reason why is because biometrics were done on the 25th and they had 25th running through their brains.

Tom and Ling

Depending on the interviewer, one of two things can happen

1) They can decide it's real cute how you help her out and communicate with her (big plus)

- or -

2) They can stop the interview, insist that you re-schedule, and bring a translator next time

It's important that she be able to communicate with the interviewer, but not necessarily at 100%.

If you can find one (or hire one) fairly easily, you may not want to take the chance. Our IO had our translator (a friend) sit the back and stay out of it at first

Thanks..Randy

Tom and Ling

Hi Missingyou,

Ling and the boys interview will be in Durham NC. Same place as the biometrics.

On the USCIS's site there were not updates or touches for AOS,,they are still as they were..so I don't think the interview was e-mailed or placed on web-site.

The web-site has said nothing about interview,,so they may not tell you either.

The interview is about 2 months from biometric.

The USCIS made a mistake on the boys EAC which I am going to have to call and correct. The cards have the boys as 7/25/1995,,but their birthday is 7/24/1995. I think the reason why is because biometrics were done on the 25th and they had 25th running through their brains.

Tom and Ling

Thank you again, Tom & Ling for the information. I will look fwd to receiving something from USCIS soon too.

Good luck!

{edit} fix Quotes.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

Our IO had our translator (a friend) sit the back and stay out of it at first

Hi Randy,

You say "stay out of it at first"???

I take it that you did or did not need the translator??

And if you needed the translator and if you remember..what was asked that you needed the translator??

Were there any detailed questions??

Tom and Ling