We are working with a firm that submitted our CR-1 petition. They appeared to have submitted all the required documents but I was looking at Visajourney and they mentioned that we should include a document of Evidence of Bonafide Marriage, but we did not include that in the package. Why isn't that listed in the USCIS or Homeland Security? Why are there discrepancies?

mag0514

We are working with a firm that submitted our CR-1 petition. They appeared to have submitted all the required documents but I was looking at Visajourney and they mentioned that we should include a document of Evidence of Bonafide Marriage, but we did not include that in the package. Why isn't that listed in the USCIS or Homeland Security? Why are there discrepancies?

mag0514

No discrepancies. The request for evidence of bonafide marriage is listed on the I-130 form instructions.

mag0514

No discrepancies. The request for evidence of bonafide marriage is listed on the I-130 form instructions.

As whome said, there is a list of 6 (I think 6) items you can include as evidence of a bonafide mariage.

If you married overseas, but still live half a world apart, evidence can be difficult.

The same form is used for AOS as for IR/1 so it asks for joint accounts, and other things that are almost impossible for remote lovers :flowers_and_kisses:

It is not a problem though, just do what makes sense.

We had purchased some property together in China with both our names on it. I included the money transfers, and the purchase agreement. It was still in chinese though, so I dont think they cared about the agreement.

Also, I purchased a house in America, and made SURE they added her to the lien. While it is difficult to get a bank to add your non-resident spouse to your bank account, I found them amazingly willing to add her to the lein.

Other than these items, I added her as my benefitiary on insurance, and I think that's all I had.

I think you need to provide them something to meet the law, but they are only going to be picky if there is some other red flag involved.

For most in a short marriage, USCIS is fine with afidavits from friends or family atesting to knowing of your marriage. Per I-130 instructions.

Guest shutterbug

mag0514

Don't worry, you'll be fine. Among the optional evidence listed on I-130 Instructions, only afidavits from friends and family are reasonable, bear in mind the same form is used for AOS in which case both parties are living together in the US, as credzba already pointed out.

Unless you have a red flag somewhere in your application, it will go through USCIS without any trouble.

mag0514

Don't worry, you'll be fine. Among the optional evidence listed on I-130 Instructions, only afidavits from friends and family are reasonable, bear in mind the same form is used for AOS in which case both parties are living together in the US, as credzba already pointed out.

Unless you have a red flag somewhere in your application, it will go through USCIS without any trouble.

Note: I-130 is used in USA when adjusting from something like a Student, or Work visa, and in this case a lot of marital evidence may be available.

Or in cases where a US citizen has been living out of the USA for some time and has been married in some cases for years, and again in this situation more marital evidence can be provided.