Electronic processing help

I am about to file my I-130 in the morning and have been reaqding about the electronic processing option. I read some links about it but am just confussed. Do I file the inital I-130 as an electronic file along with all of the evidence or is it filed at a later date after I get a P2. Any help would be great.

Yes you file the I-130 to USCIS as you normally would, only after the case is approved by USCIS and sent on to NVC will the electronic document processing come into play.

After USCIS approves the petition (NOA2 (P2)) and sends this to NVC then you have the option to send the required documents for NVC electronically.

More about the electronic processing here: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=37514

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/nv..._petitions.html

If you sign up for the electronic processing, you will receive an email containing something like the following:

The new case number starts with GZO (instead of GUZ) and is followed by a new set of ten numbers. This change was made to identify the case for both the NVC and the Consulate in Guangzhou as participating in electronic processing.

DOS - Electronic Processing participation How do I join Electronic Processing?

"You should not mail any physical paper documents to the NVC if you choose to participate in electronic processing. This will delay processing of your case.

IMPORTANT: Once electronic processing has been chosen it is critical that no hard copy documentation be mailed to the NVC. Submission of physical paper documents will delay processing. "

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)
Guest Wuhan4me

Sorry, asked this already in my own thread .... should I still pay the Affidavit of support fee ($ 70.00) online? I only just e-mailed my request for electronic processing to nvcinquiry. Again, sorry to be jumping from thread to thread.

YES. you must pay this now. IIRC, a GUZ/GZO casefile number will NOT be generated until you do.

The instructions for 'electronic optin' at http://travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4410.html are kinda misleading, cause at this stage, I think you do not have a case number assigned yet from NVC (I could be wrong though - whaddya see on your emails?)

Guest Wuhan4me

I am about to file my I-130 in the morning and have been reaqding about the electronic processing option. I read some links about it but am just confussed. Do I file the inital I-130 as an electronic file along with all of the evidence or is it filed at a later date after I get a P2. Any help would be great.

NO. You are doing NOTHING ELECTRONIC at this stage.

You send/mail/courier the I-130, with all supporting relationship evidence, to the lockbox in Chicago, FIRST.

Later, when the casefile arrives at NVC (after you receive NOA-2), you'll have an opportunity to 'opt in' for NVC electronic processing. I read where you hired Marc Ellis, though - surely he would have explained the I-130 submittal process to you, in some detail, yes???

Good Luck !

Edited by Wuhan4me (see edit history)

Hi,

I did hire Marc and he did explain the I-130 process but the electronic process is so new he did not have experience with this process as of yet. I thought what you said was correct but just wanted to confirm.

Thanks

Guest Wuhan4me

Hi,

I did hire Marc and he did explain the I-130 process but the electronic process is so new he did not have experience with this process as of yet. I thought what you said was correct but just wanted to confirm.

Thanks

OK - I can confirm what I said *IS* correct. HTH ???

FWIW, nothing has changed for SUBMITTAL of the I-130 petition - ya still have to get it into the LOCKBOX in Chicago. Marc's overview will have covered that bit, I feel certain.

Lets see - major time ticks????

Submittal->NOA1->NOA2->NVC Movement->NVC Processing->NVC OUT TO GUZ->GUZ Open Casefile-> P4 Sent/Interview Date Assigned ->Interview

NVC Electronic Processing occurs at the 'NVC Processing' time tick. If you opt in for NVC Electronic Processing, the duration from 'NVC OUT to GUZ' to 'P4 sent' is reduced by 4 to 5 months.

Good Luck !