No problem for jumbled replies ... hehehe ... my own replies to my own thread were jumbled already ;). I e-mailed nvcinquiry and requested electronic processing, *then* paid my $70.00 affidavit fee. I hope its OK I did them out of order, but too late now.

Anyways, thanks for the replies. I know I ask a LOT of questions ... I just so worry about making a small, foolish error that costs me months of wasted time in getting my wife here.

No problem for jumbled replies ... hehehe ... my own replies to my own thread were jumbled already :D. I e-mailed nvcinquiry and requested electronic processing, *then* paid my $70.00 affidavit fee. I hope its OK I did them out of order, but too late now.

Anyways, thanks for the replies. I know I ask a LOT of questions ... I just so worry about making a small, foolish error that costs me months of wasted time in getting my wife here.

Now I am really confused. According to the instructions you should email the consulate specific email address to request that you opt-in to electronic processing. For GUZ this is NVCGuangzhou@state.gov.

Yet you emailed NVCINQUIRY@state.gov to opt-in?? Or did you email this address and they gave replied with your NVC case number and instructions (including copy of DS-3032) on how to opt-in to the electronic processing? If so then you have found another way to get one's NVC case number.

As an aside, I see that now it is Guangzhou, China and Montreal, Canada that are the only two consulates with electronic processing. They dropped Chile.

No problem for jumbled replies ... hehehe ... my own replies to my own thread were jumbled already :lol:. I e-mailed nvcinquiry and requested electronic processing, *then* paid my $70.00 affidavit fee. I hope its OK I did them out of order, but too late now.

Now I am really confused. According to the instructions you should email the consulate specific email address to request that you opt-in to electronic processing. For GUZ this is NVCGuangzhou@state.gov.

Yet you emailed NVCINQUIRY@state.gov to opt-in?? Or did you email this address and they gave replied with your NVC case number and instructions (including copy of DS-3032) on how to opt-in to the electronic processing? If so then you have found another way to get one's NVC case number.

As an aside, I see that now it is Guangzhou, China and Montreal, Canada that are the only two consulates with electronic processing. They dropped Chile.

The best thing to do is call or email NVC and ask.

For further information regarding this program, please e-mail the NVC at NVCInquiry@state.gov or call the NVC at (603) 334-0700. Customer Service Representatives are available Monday through Friday from 7:30am ¨C midnight EST. You must have a touchtone phone to use this service.
http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=37514

The process has been in flux, up until recently and with consulates not doing electronic processing people can send DS-3032 to the NVCInquiry email address, more than likely the early people at the begining of electronic processing sent the DS-3032 to that email address without a problem, however acording to the new directions posted at state.gov the DS-3032 and other forms need to be emailded to the consulate specific email address.

If you decide to participate, you must send an e-mail to the Post-specific Electronic Processing email address referenced in the Eligibility PDF you previously read.
http://travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4410.html

Eligibility PDF

Too keep the confusion to a minimum I posted and pinned detailed information from GUZ and NVC about this at the top of the General Visa Discussion Forum.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=37703

OK ... trying again with the link to the electronic optin site ... but when I type in the answers for the .pdf file it will not let me save it. My only options are to save it as blank form or print it. What am I doing wrong?

"You cannot save data typed into this form. Please print your completed form if you would like a copy for your records."

Until recently, this was the only option supported by Adobe. Always look in the upper left corner of the first page to see what your options are.

OK ... trying again with the link to the electronic optin site ... but when I type in the answers for the .pdf file it will not let me save it. My only options are to save it as blank form or print it. What am I doing wrong?

Great! NVC tells you something that you cannot do with their form the way it was encoded and saved.

You can use this template email and send to NVCGuangzhou@state.gov

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Email_DS-3032_form

Well I forwarded the e-mail DS-3032 she initially sent to nvcinquiry to nvcguangzhou. I also e-mailed them my optin request and added a .doc form of her e-mail. I hope this will be enough to get me into the electronic program. Do you think I should have her send another e-mail from her computer to nvcguangzhou also? I dont want to flood their inbox and make them angry.

Guest Wuhan4me

It may be the version of Adobe Reader that you have? Get the latest version, try again.

If it's still a problem, then get another pdf reader like PDF Creator (see http://www.pdfforge.org/ )

then open the file in PDF creator, Fill it out, and PRINT to another PDF file. Open this 2nd PDF file to make sure it has the data in it.

Then send the 2nd version in to USCIS.

Maybe it's time to install a pdf print driver, anyway, as yer gonna be handling pdf forms with data in them very soonish, and need to have this process nailed. PDF Creator is OK, there are others.

GOOD LUCK !

Edited by Wuhan4me (see edit history)

Yes - it is faster - you can shave off 4 to 5 months of 'wait time' between NVC IN and P4 OUT time ticks if you go electronic.

Pay online, you have a GUZ number now, so you can DO THIS.

Then, OPT IN for electronic processing, and WAIT a few days whilst NVC re-works the case for a GZO 'electronic' casefile number.

Then, pay attention to your emails... NVC will email you exactly what to send, and in what order. If you can respond in same day or next day, each time, should take about 7 days from start to finish (once the GZO number is assigned) ..

Sorry for the jumbled replies, but I hope you are sussing this all out?

Well they e-mailed me and asked me to scan and e-mail them my Affidavit of support, but as yet they have NOT assigned me a new case file number. I'm thinking it may be prudent to wait a few more days until the new case file number is e-mailed to me, yes? If my understanding is correct it should change from GUZ ... to GZO?

Edited by Appaullo (see edit history)
Guest Wuhan4me

Yes - it is faster - you can shave off 4 to 5 months of 'wait time' between NVC IN and P4 OUT time ticks if you go electronic.

Pay online, you have a GUZ number now, so you can DO THIS.

Then, OPT IN for electronic processing, and WAIT a few days whilst NVC re-works the case for a GZO 'electronic' casefile number.

Then, pay attention to your emails... NVC will email you exactly what to send, and in what order. If you can respond in same day or next day, each time, should take about 7 days from start to finish (once the GZO number is assigned) ..

Sorry for the jumbled replies, but I hope you are sussing this all out?

Well they e-mailed me and asked me to scan and e-mail them my Affidavit of support, but as yet they have NOT assigned me a new case file number. I'm thinking it may be prudent to wait a few more days until the new case file number is e-mailed to me, yes? If my understanding is correct it should change from GUZ ... to GZO?

Now that you have that GZO case number, you should be able to REPLY to that email with the I-864 form and the tax / income documents.

Sorry for the jumpy / bumpy road...