Well ... if you've seen my prior post you know I had my wife fill out and sign a DS-3032 form. The problem is that the one the U.S. Dept of State sent me in .pdf form is different from the form I had my wife fill out. The one my wife fills out has some instructions about placing the case barcode on the page before mailing it. I do not have a barcode yet, thought maybe it would come soon ... so should I just send her the new form to fill out? I'm at a loss as to what to do.I have printed the new form out, as well as the "Affidavit of Support (AOS) Processing Fee Bill Invoice". Any advice greatly appreciated, and again sorry if this is simple topics, but legalese makes my head spin.

Appaullo

Guest Wuhan4me

you need to kick the nvc process into play by getting a ds-3032 sent to them.

if you opt in for electronic processing, the form is a bit different than the mailed in form.

you can email the pdf'd version of the ds-3032 (actually, have your wife do it).

If you want to go electronic @ NVC, you can shave off about 4 to 5 months of wait time.

Well ... if you've seen my prior post you know I had my wife fill out and sign a DS-3032 form. The problem is that the one the U.S. Dept of State sent me in .pdf form is different from the form I had my wife fill out. The one my wife fills out has some instructions about placing the case barcode on the page before mailing it. I do not have a barcode yet, thought maybe it would come soon ... so should I just send her the new form to fill out? I'm at a loss as to what to do.I have printed the new form out, as well as the "Affidavit of Support (AOS) Processing Fee Bill Invoice". Any advice greatly appreciated, and again sorry if this is simple topics, but legalese makes my head spin.

Appaullo

you have your nvc case number now? If so than use the pdf DS-3032 and email NVC to opt-in to the electronic processing. No need for your wife to use the old form with barcode.

OK ... she e-mailed the DS-3032. Got an automated response to it. Now I am ready to pay online via electronic checking, my question is do I still mail in my Affidavit of Support? Do I file it online? They give me instructions to pay ... but nothing regarding my Affidavit. Any suggestions?

OK ... she e-mailed the DS-3032. Got an automated response to it. Now I am ready to pay online via electronic checking, my question is do I still mail in my Affidavit of Support? Do I file it online? They give me instructions to pay ... but nothing regarding my Affidavit. Any suggestions?

Yes you still mail the I-864 or I-864EZ to NVC, they will process this in the USA for $70
Guest Wuhan4me

Don't jump the gun :unsure:

This is the 70 bucks fee, right? Or the Bigger One ? Go ahead and PAY, Now. There's some receipt number you'll need to use (not a GUZ/GZO casefile #, not the A#, but something else) when you pay electronically, the first time.

Wait a bit until the GZO number has been assigned.. (for any subsequent forms)

If you are going electronic - you need to SCAN all of the forms... (DS-230, parts 1 and 2, and the I-864, with subsequent tax / income documents) - but...

Don't send them stuff out of order.

If you are 'going electronic' - you ain't MAILING anything - you are EMAILING STUFF, in order.

Please be clear (at least to me ? ) Do you want to 'go electronic' for NVC processing, or not?

Edited by Wuhan4me (see edit history)
Guest Wuhan4me

Yes you still mail the I-864 or I-864EZ to NVC, they will process this in the USA for $70

Hey dnoblett - if he opts for 'electronic processing' - he's not 'mailing' anything - it's all a series of emails from him, containing the scanned documents in pdf format.

Hey dnoblett - if he opts for 'electronic processing' - he's not 'mailing' anything - it's all a series of emails from him, containing the scanned documents in pdf format.

Good point.

Per GUZ

If you have heard from the NVC and have chosen to participate in electronic processing you should not mail any physical paper documents to NVC. Doing so will result in a delay in the processing of your case. NVC will send instructions to all e-mail addresses you provided. Please follow all instructions from NVC for submitting documents electronically and bring the original documents to the interview with you.
http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/nv..._petitions.html
Guest Wuhan4me

OK re-read the NVC page ... sending them an e-mail now to request electronic processing. Sorry ... so many posts and so many edits ... should I still pay online and then e-mail about electronic processing?

Pay online now . That's the 70 dolla fee, yes?

IIRC, the CASEFILE number for GUZ/GZO won't get assigned UNTIL you pay this fee (but I could be wrong).

Supposedly, yer supposed to OPT IN once you have a case number assigned, but it'll be a GUZ number, prior...

Good luck..

Guest Wuhan4me

Hhhmm ... my case number starts with GUZ ... guess that precludes me from electronic processing? Guessing I should still pay online though, in an effort to speed things along?

NO. Since you have a GUZ number, finally, you can OPT IN for electronic processing.

OPT IN NOW...

Ya can't 'opt in' without a casefile number - since you have a GUZ number, you can PAY that 70 bucks online AND opt in for electronic processing (2 different things) .

In a day or so, you'll get a re-assigned GZO number.

Hang in There !

Guest Wuhan4me

The electronic processing is faster yes? Thats the way I want to go is electronic! So I should pay online ... then wait for a reciept number? Then scan and e-mail my documents in to them? Sorry ... yes its the 70 dollar fee.

Yes - it is faster - you can shave off 4 to 5 months of 'wait time' between NVC IN and P4 OUT time ticks if you go electronic.

Pay online, you have a GUZ number now, so you can DO THIS.

Then, OPT IN for electronic processing, and WAIT a few days whilst NVC re-works the case for a GZO 'electronic' casefile number.

Then, pay attention to your emails... NVC will email you exactly what to send, and in what order. If you can respond in same day or next day, each time, should take about 7 days from start to finish (once the GZO number is assigned) ..

Sorry for the jumbled replies, but I hope you are sussing this all out?