can co sponsor send papers directly to Guangzhou?

Hey all Im back again with a whole new question: Like I said before my grandfather will co-sponsor my wife as I am in China with her. Evidentally my grandfather is well off and he doesnt want any one to know he has a grip of dough he really doesnt want me to see how much he makes. Is there a way he can just send it directly to GuangZhou? Id be in america now if it wasnt for this detail <yeah right>

Thank you

Jesse

I think it has to go to GZ as a part of the total package. In any case, your wife/fiance would have to take his Affadavit of Support, as well as yours, along with her at the time of the interview. If he is concerned that you don't see how much money he has, perhaps you can have him put it in a sealed envelope and promise not to open it unless the VO asks for it. In some interviews they ask, in some they don't. But I don't think the original petition can be approved without it included in the packet that is sent in and I have not heard of being able to send it in separately. I may be wrong and perhaps others might shed more light on this one.

Jesse,

All you have to do is convince the INS that you can support your Fiancée at above 125% of the Federal Poverty Level.

http://www.immigration.gov/graphics/formsf...iles/I-864p.pdf

Add yourself, + your Fiancée + any other dependents to determine the level.

Do you have your own income? Past taxes that indicate an income above the 125% Poverty Level? Perhaps your Grandfather can write a letter similar to an employers letter, guaranteeing to give you the necessary income (rather than basing it on his own income). If he has is own business, he can use the business name with "official letterhead" for the letter.

If you don’t have copies of your 1040 forms, you may be able to get electronic copies from the IRS.

Review Form: OF-167 for the Affidavit of Support Info.

------- Clifford -------

You can send it direct to the consulate, but like Donahso said you need the GUZ # and all other info he said. If your uncle wants to do it this way, contact the consualte first in an e-mail and ask who to address it to and ask them to let you know when they receive it. Just remember all the papers coming from NVC now are being held at Chinese customa in GZ, so I don't know if his papers would also be held. You could loss more than 2 months, maybe he can fax it to them? Write the consulate.