Need quick answer - blue slip vs white slip

Guest Wuhan4me

blue - provide more information

white - denied

a 'call in letter', though, is usually white.

if helpful, ask your woman to scan the documents in image mode, email the images to you as a file attachment.

blue - provide more information

white - denied

a 'call in letter', though, is usually white.

if helpful, ask your woman to scan the documents in image mode, email the images to you as a file attachment.

Thank you very much for fast response. Paper is white but it is a call in letter.

(Also thanks to first responder -I am color blind so the color coding was good idea, but I couldn't see it)

Edited by True Blue (see edit history)
  • 1 month later...

A blue slip means they want more evidence. A white slip is a Notice Of Intent to Revoke. NOIR. If you get a NOIR it will say the petition is being sent back to the USCIS with a recomendation to revoke. A blue slip can be overcome in GZ. A NOIR must be overcome in the US then sent back to GZ. If you are K-1 you can marry and refile. What does your paper say?

You are correct. A blue slip means that everythiing is not complete. It could be more paper work or evidence is wanted by the VO or processing is not complete. Either circumstance is overcome in GZ which is usually much better than a NOIR.

They schedule the interview ahead of time expecting everything to be done by interview time. Occasionally there will be a snag where a name check or something isn't done yet. In this case they usually say more processing is needed.