Petitioning Brother/Sister US Not Accepting Applications?

My wife's sister had mentioned that a friend of hers in San Francisco petitioned for her brother to come to the US and that she was told that after July 1st they were not accepting any applications? has anyone else heard this rumor or could it be true? My wife petitioned for her brother in April and they cashed her check but hasn't heard anything to this effect. I know it will take many years before anything happens. It doesn't effect parents and daughters & sons from what I was told.

The current cut-off date for a fourth preference family visa is 22OCT98 for China. The priority date has to fall before the cut-off date for a visa number to be assigned.

By the records (bulletins), for China, a number for 2009 applications will be avaiable in 11 years. July 00- Mar 1, 89,, Nov 05- Mar 15, 94,, July 09- Oct 22, 98. Does that mean 11 years to wait?

Yes

Thanks. I thought so but wasn't sure about it.

I read up on it some. China and India have the biggest backlogs out of all the other countries. I read where college graduates who applied under this visa category were already in their 40's before getting to the states. That's a long time! :blink:

Guest Wuhan4me

Bill - I would question the friend's data.

In a pinch, you can call the folk at NVC and ask, instead. (Yes, I said NVC).

Good luck with the brother's petition, though - I'd be interested to know when the NOA-1 is received, and exactly the wording in the letter.

Bill - I would question the friend's data.

In a pinch, you can call the folk at NVC and ask, instead. (Yes, I said NVC).

Good luck with the brother's petition, though - I'd be interested to know when the NOA-1 is received, and exactly the wording in the letter.

NOA-1 is a receipt letter it comes shortly after USCIS receives the petition, USCIS will then place the paetition into cold storage where it will remain for 10 years or so, then NOA-2

CSC I-130:

I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, U.S. citizen filing for a brother or sister, August 15, 1999
https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/Processtim...eviceCenter=CSC

After that and it will be sent to NVC where it will sit for a visa number. Aprox 1 year or so. http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin...letin_4512.html

NVC will know NOTHING until after NOA-2