Green Card

There is no urgency, we are just wondering about the delay, and when the card might possibly arrive. Hopefully, we are just at the tail end of a short delay. The answers to these questions could help others in the future, not just us. I could not find a specific answer for any of the different Green Card categories. I thought it maybe we could get some useful knowledge with the answers to these questions.

We are done, and we will receive a 10 year GC, thanks to all the answers we received along the way. Sometimes it was answers to our questions, and sometimes it was reading answers to other's questions.

Mike & Yizhen

There is no urgency, we are just wondering about the delay, and when the card might possibly arrive. Hopefully, we are just at the tail end of a short delay. The answers to these questions could help others in the future, not just us. I could not find a specific answer for any of the different Green Card categories. I thought it maybe we could get some useful knowledge with the answers to these questions.

We are done, and we will receive a 10 year GC, thanks to all the answers we received along the way. Sometimes it was answers to our questions, and sometimes it was reading answers to other's questions.

Mike & Yizhen

Hi Mike,

The first I heard of the potential production delay, was at our AOS interview about three weeks ago, on June 16th. The ISO advised us that she had recently viewed an internal document which spoke to GC production delays, up to two months, due to equipment issues.

However, on about the 19th of June, I received my wife and daughter's welcome letters and they both said to expect the GC's within 30 days.

Most likely, the computer generated form letters were not changed to reflect the immediate situation with respect to the card production issues.

My guess is, we will see the GC's in less than the two months they are indicating. And, since they will have been produced on the new equipment, and contain the lastest anti-fraud features, they most likely will be even more beautiful, than those produced previously!? :mobrun:

It sure will be nice to have that Permanent GC in hand after all we have been through in this regard !!! I can still remember tracking your progress through the system back in very early 2007, when you were ahead of me by a few months. :D

Roger, the delay could be over already, I did see that someone had received their green card (in 3 weeks) in late June. 6/2 to 6/22. I was wondering if the different Green Cards,(IR-1, CR-1, AOS, and Removal of Conditions) all take the same amount of time, and does it matter where the production order comes from. The delay was first reported in late April or early May and letters in May stated cards could be expected in 60 days. The letters now seem to say 30 days again. I only know what our IR-1 welcome letter says for sure, but it seems that your AOS letter also says 30 days, I am thinking the delay is almost over. Mike

Roger, we received our green card today, less than 30 days! I think the delay is over, the new machines must be working well. We also received a second welcome letter today. I hope you get yours soon, Mike & Yizhen

They also sent a protective pocket to keep the special, new card in!

Edited by mikepellicore (see edit history)

Roger, we received our green card today, less than 30 days! I think the delay is over, the new machines must be working well. We also received a second welcome letter today. I hope you get yours soon, Mike & Yizhen

They also sent a protective pocket to keep the special, new card in!

Mike, congratulations on the GC !!! You can kick back now !!! ;)

BTW, I rechecked our Welcome/GC approval letters tonight, and it doesn't say 30 days, as I reported earlier, it actually states "you should receive your new Green Card within 3 weeks" !! The letter was dated June 18th.