Change of mailing address after P3/GUZ case number

Hello:

We just received our P3 from GZ yesterday and now it happens that the mailing address we'll need the P4 emailed to must change.

What are the exact steps to inform the GZ consulate of those changes so that it wont affect how fast our case is handled?

Also, I heard that with DCF there is no case number, but the letter in P3 informed me that from now on there will be a case number and gave me the case number. Any experiences with that?

Thank you

As for updating address, you simply email this to Guangzhou here: http://www.usembassy-china.org.cn/guangzhou/iv/email.html

I am the petitioner and I'm back in America. I should use the above link to submit my home address? I just want to make sure because on prior forms it is listed as my domicile in America but now I'm actually back living in America. :D I hope I didnt confuse you.

As for updating address, you simply email this to Guangzhou here: http://www.usembassy-china.org.cn/guangzhou/iv/email.html

I am the petitioner and I'm back in America. I should use the above link to submit my home address? I just want to make sure because on prior forms it is listed as my domicile in America but now I'm actually back living in America. :D I hope I didnt confuse you.

No need to update US Citizen's address.

Only need to update the consulate if beneficiary moves so that things like P3 anf P4 can be delivered to the beneficiary.

The thing is - the DS-230 that has just been sent back to GZ states a US address, as opposed to China address in the I-130 and G325 for my husband.

I figure since theres been a change in the forms we submitted to the consulate, there may need to be a change we report to them in the email.

Would that not be correct?

Thanks in advance

The thing is - the DS-230 that has just been sent back to GZ states a US address, as opposed to China address in the I-130 and G325 for my husband.

I figure since theres been a change in the forms we submitted to the consulate, there may need to be a change we report to them in the email.

Would that not be correct?

Thanks in advance

DS-230 question #10 asks what address you will be living at when you arrive in the USA. Has this changed?

If so you report your new USA address when you arrive in the USA you giv this to the officer at the Point Of Entry, and also file an AR-11 after entry to change address, and US Citizen Spouse needs to file an I-865 to report sponsor's change of address.

At visa interview you can also ask about the address change.

You only need to report a change of Chinese address to the consulate if you moved before they send out a packet so that you get P3 and/or P4.

Thanks a million dnoblett, I hope you realize just how much your answers and advice helps us all out. You are directly responsible for reducing the blood pressure and hearth rate for many of us on this forum. Thank you again :lol:

Dnoblett, joining my husband with the thanks :lol:

However, I just have to ask: on DS-230, #16 it says: Address of spouse, if different from your own. I filled in the current address of my husband in the US. However, when we filed the I-130, in Part B, #2 it asked Information about you (my husband) and information about your relative (me), and we filled in our address in China at the time (which is still my address at this moment). Also, in G-325A, the part for "Applicant's residence last 5 years", we also filled in our at the time Chinese address.

So, now, given that the address for my husband in I-130 and in DS-230 is filed differently, should we or should we not contact the consulate and point out the change, or is it already obvious to them from the forms?

Thank you in advance

Dnoblett, joining my husband with the thanks :mobrun:

However, I just have to ask: on DS-230, #16 it says: Address of spouse, if different from your own. I filled in the current address of my husband in the US. However, when we filed the I-130, in Part B, #2 it asked Information about you (my husband) and information about your relative (me), and we filled in our address in China at the time (which is still my address at this moment). Also, in G-325A, the part for "Applicant's residence last 5 years", we also filled in our at the time Chinese address.

So, now, given that the address for my husband in I-130 and in DS-230 is filed differently, should we or should we not contact the consulate and point out the change, or is it already obvious to them from the forms?

Thank you in advance

You should be fine, Your spouse's address changed between time that I-130 was filed and when DS-230 was filed, this is fine.

The DS-230 address is used for place to eventually mail green-card.