Checklist items question

Joyous news - we received our P3 from GZ today!

It has been 1 month and 20 days since we DCF our I-130 in BJ!

Our I-130 has been approved on May 26th, so it's 1 month sharp since!

Now, we have a question regarding the checklist we need to send back -

of course we want to send it back as soon as possible.

However, the police certificate will only be ready in 2 weeks.

Plus translation, notarization, etc.

It is obvious that by the time the P4 is mailed to us and the interview is scheduled, we will have the police certificate ready.

So, we want to mail the checklist and forms next week.

However, if we do, the checklist will pre-date the police certificate issue.

Could the consulate in GZ reject us on those grounds?

Has anyone on this forum dealt with anything similar (sent the checklist before the items were physically obtained, but knowing they will be)?

Please, share.

Thank you in advance

Many do send back the checklist (OF-169) and DS-230 before having things like police cert.

If you are positive that you WILL have the cert within 2 weeks, then send checklist now.

We didn't even start to get our police certificate until we had already gotten the interview appointment package! I'm sure they don't care, and they're probably aware that most people send the checklist without actually getting all the stuff first.

We didn't even start to get our police certificate until we had already gotten the interview appointment package! I'm sure they don't care, and they're probably aware that most people send the checklist without actually getting all the stuff first.

Note, OP, Twoinchina is a Russian and an American DCF through the Guangzhou consulate, in their case the consern is getting the police cert from Russia. The Chinese one should be easy.
Note, OP, Twoinchina is a Russian and an American DCF through the Guangzhou consulate, in their case the consern is getting the police cert from Russia. The Chinese one should be easy.

Actually, it is really funny, the Russian police cert - I am in Russia right now handling the certificate and immunization records part - is extremely easy to get. I spent an overall of 10 mins in the office, it's a 2 week wait and it's absolutely free of charge, plus it covers the entire period of my life in Russia. Chinese cert cost me ~200-300 yuan and still needs to be translated and notarized! Plus they only gave it to me for BJ, and said I need to go to each and every other city I lived in for additional certs! Do Chinese nationals have to go through that?

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

Actually, it is really funny, the Russian police cert - I am in Russia right now handling the certificate and immunization records part - is extremely easy to get. I spent an overall of 10 mins in the office, it's a 2 week wait and it's absolutely free of charge, plus it covers the entire period of my life in Russia. Chinese cert cost me ~200-300 yuan and still needs to be translated and notarized! Plus they only gave it to me for BJ, and said I need to go to each and every other city I lived in for additional certs! Do Chinese nationals have to go through that?

Nope, Chinese nationals get oen police cert it covers all of China.

Simply take the Chinese police cert to a notary office in China for an notary translation.