cheap airfare?

anyone know some good sites to find some good one way airfare prices from CHINA.....shanghai to Atlanta........my wife has a friend,she is trying to fly back with her,she has a flight on Delta(oo18)leaving August 12th,now this blows my mind, If i put into a travel search engine, one way from Shanghai to Atlanta....it will cost me 2052.00,more than i have ever paid for two ways going from Tampa,florida to Chongqing.I put in the search engine for a two way ticket,i get a price of 1400.00.( flying delta).........what???????????? how crazy is this.? should i buy a two way....just use the return ticket?

Jimi

anyone know some good sites to find some good one way airfare prices from CHINA.....shanghai to Atlanta........my wife has a friend,she is trying to fly back with her,she has a flight on Delta(oo18)leaving August 12th,now this blows my mind, If i put into a travel search engine, one way from Shanghai to Atlanta....it will cost me 2052.00,more than i have ever paid for two ways going from Tampa,florida to Chongqing.I put in the search engine for a two way ticket,i get a price of 1400.00.( flying delta).........what???????????? how crazy is this.? should i buy a two way....just use the return ticket?

Jimi

Well Jimi, consider what month you flew before, it is summer now and more expensive. Did you fly in the fall or winter before? I have flown in May and November, and always cheaper than my next flight in July...

Jimi

It's crazy. I booked the same flight for my fiancee. I saw the same thing. For some reason, a two way ticket is also cheaper going from the US to China. I got a two way ticket for my fiancee to come to the US. I set the return date 3 months out. I decided to use points for her tickets since it allows me to change it twice without too much of a penalty, and, in the worst case, I won't be out money. The Northwest side of Delta is cheaper, but the flight leaves much earlier.

Jimi

Pm rogerinca

I forget the number but his guy in L.A. is GREAT!!

Help Hong and i with a great deal.

I hear now tickets prices are going down.

if i find the number i will PM ya.

Also i think Don ( The Boss ) might have the number.

Mike

Jimi

Well Jimi, consider what month you flew before, it is summer now and more expensive. Did you fly in the fall or winter before? I have flown in May and November, and always cheaper than my next flight in July...

yeah,i understand its summer,peak season,but shouldnt a one way ticket be cheaper than a two way? i flew in end of May 978.00 to Guangzhou. for a two way ticket........i flew in september,May 2 times,and in January....... i notice China air is alot cheaper......but am i mistaken,i think China air is a part of "Delta"...when i took Delta last time ,the flight was delta 0018 and also had a china airline flight with it.(delta 0018 and i think CZ 2610)or something like that.....it was the same plane...hahaha

Jimi

Pm rogerinca

I forget the number but his guy in L.A. is GREAT!!

Help Hong and i with a great deal.

I hear now tickets prices are going down.

if i find the number i will PM ya.

Also i think Don ( The Boss ) might have the number.

Mike

OK, thanks Mike.

Guest Tony n Terrific

Jimi

Have your wife check the one way prices in China. The will be more then likely cheaper there then here.

Buy a roundtrip and put the return date as far out in the future as the system will allow. Then if she wants to fly back home, you can change the date for a fee.

One of the reason the price is so high is that it is non-stop and it looks like there is one seat left and I'll bet it's gone before I get done typing this...

Buy a roundtrip and put the return date as far out in the future as the system will allow. Then if she wants to fly back home, you can change the date for a fee.

One of the reason the price is so high is that it is non-stop and it looks like there is one seat left and I'll bet it's gone before I get done typing this...

Ah i didn't know it only had one seat left...wow ,i guess business is good then,if its already sold out in june for an August flight....no need to sell cheap tickets,when people are paying top dollar for them.Good idea about the two way ticket,return date far out in the future,but then i still will have the dilema,when the wife returns back to USA,they will screw me ,with a one way ticket more money than the two way ticket....hahaha...... :blink:

Ah i didn't know it only had one seat left...wow ,i guess business is good then,if its already sold out in june for an August flight....no need to sell cheap tickets,when people are paying top dollar for them.Good idea about the two way ticket,return date far out in the future,but then i still will have the dilema,when the wife returns back to USA,they will screw me ,with a one way ticket more money than the two way ticket....hahaha...... :blink:

Here's the trick on that...buy your ticket directly from the airline...now, when its time to use the other half, they have two choices, they can cancel it, credit you the cost, and you buy a round trip ticket from them or they don't and they lose your return flight business as well as "gratis" and "goodwill" fees from the hotel industry..Remember what I said about the difference between one-way and round trip cost differences? You won't get to pull this on an online ticket agent...only the airline..

Ah i didn't know it only had one seat left...wow ,i guess business is good then,if its already sold out in june for an August flight....no need to sell cheap tickets,when people are paying top dollar for them.Good idea about the two way ticket,return date far out in the future,but then i still will have the dilema,when the wife returns back to USA,they will screw me ,with a one way ticket more money than the two way ticket....hahaha...... :threeques:

or just keep buying the 2 way tickets ... travel every year say hi to friends and family go shopping, site seeing, climb the great wall...

Jimi,

Check out this website. I got a round trip ticket for August to Harbin from LA for $672.

http://www.chinahighlights.com/china-flights/

Hey Stephen,

Wow !!!! thanks, this is the cheapest so far,round trip ticket 905.00,from tampa to shanghai, and shanghai back to tampa (florida),i think "delta airlines "smoking something.....2052.00 ONE WAY....chengdu4me makes a good point,why one way is more expensive than 2 way......but doubled the price?

the wife is also looking at her end in China,some good prices also,but we are having a hard time finding flights that land somewhere close to Florida,very good prices going to Los Angeles,or San Francisco,and not bad prices to New York.But then we have to fly to Tampa Florida,we were hoping Atlanta,which is close to Tampa....but Delta....does this route,and they are way too high in price (frankly,there service sucks,the last time i went on delta).So,i am thinking meeting my wife in New York.then fly together to Tampa.jet blue very cheap flights from new york to tampa.

jimi