Seems like I am just full of questions these day's. This is more for addvice though than question. My fiancee has a 9 year old duaghter. Her ex husband has custody, apparantly this was the only way he would give her the divorce. My question is this. I told her that she needs to talk to him soon about bringing her duaghter with her to the US. The plan is for her to come and we will bring her daughter over about 6 months later, give us time to settle in. Her ex is like alot of USC in that he uses her to get things from my fiancee.....clothes for school ect...if she does not buy her the stuff...she does not see her. I want her to talk with him very soon so we will know his answer about bringing her here. If he agree's there are papers that need to be written and notorized. If he says NO........then we need to have a good answer to tell the VO when they ask....and they will.......why she is willing to leave China without her daughter.

Robert

Seems like I am just full of questions these day's. This is more for addvice though than question. My fiancee has a 9 year old duaghter. Her ex husband has custody, apparantly this was the only way he would give her the divorce. My question is this. I told her that she needs to talk to him soon about bringing her duaghter with her to the US. The plan is for her to come and we will bring her daughter over about 6 months later, give us time to settle in. Her ex is like alot of USC in that he uses her to get things from my fiancee.....clothes for school ect...if she does not buy her the stuff...she does not see her. I want her to talk with him very soon so we will know his answer about bringing her here. If he agree's there are papers that need to be written and notorized. If he says NO........then we need to have a good answer to tell the VO when they ask....and they will.......why she is willing to leave China without her daughter.

Robert

It would seem that she HAS a good (potential) reason for leaving without her daughter - she CAN'T take the daughter without the ex's written permission.

If the father doesn't want her to leave, you would have to wait until she is 18, when you can file an I-130 for her.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)