Biometrics Appointment--Raleigh Field Office

Hi Everyone,

Well, at 8:00am I took Ling and the boys in for their Biometrics Appointments.

Ling had only the I-485 and each one of the boys had I-485 and the I-765 appointment letters.

It only took ling and the boys 20 minutes total to complete everything and the people there were extremely professional.... :D

I have gone to the Charlotte Field Office for my second wife and her kids and the old Charlotte Field Office was always a ZOO.... :D :P

What can I say about the Raleigh Field Office....its is a pleasure doing business there. It has been opened for only about 2 years,,but the Raleigh Field Office is super.......and it is only 10 minutes down interstate 40 from where I live.

All I can say is that anyone in NC that is in the Raleigh area will be pleased with the whole place.

Now we will see if we have an interview for the 2 year GC or whether they will wait for the 10 year GC.

Tom and Ling

Glad to know it went well. Did they ask you relationship related questions other than taking their photos and prints? Should I bring some supporting docs just in case?

My hus finally got bio apt notice yesterday. Ours will be on 7/7 at Woodside, NY.

Hi Missingyou,

Every field office maybe different, but for Biometrics,,when we entered the building. The appointment letters needed to be opened along with the passport of the individual with the appointment.

Than we went into a room called support center and the Guy in charge had a form to be filled out for each appointment letter.

the form consisted of just general things:

Height, weight, SS# if one, A number, etc.

The funny thing the form wanted mother's first name and Father's first name.... :ph34r: :ph34r:

After filling out forms. They were taken to be photographed and finger printed.

No relationship questions or anything,,just photographs and finger printeds, and that was it.

Although...I had all my documents out in the Car in case they pulled a fast one on me.......... :D :P :P :D

Tom and Ling

Missingyou

The easiest way to get to the Woodside site is by subway on the 7 train. It's only a couple of blocks from the station. Their windows look black on the outside. There's no markings on the windows but the name of the support center is on top above the entrance (if they didn't change anything).

If you can't remember your in-laws names, A#, SS#, etc. then write that info down ahead of time to bring it to the appointment. If you still have a copy of Biographic Information form that you filled out when applying for him to come over here then bring that instead. That will have all the info needed to fill out the form. If you've forgotten which form that was it was the one in quadruplicate. One was for you and the other one was for him. You just need the info from his. If you bring a copy of the form remember to fill in whatever info that wasn't available at that time such as SS#.

Bring your appointment letter and passport for the 2 year greencard. For the 10 year bring the 2 year GC and the appointment letter. If there's a line forming outside the street then have it in your hands because someone will be walking up & down the line to check if you have the letter and ID.

Once you walk into the Woodside Support Center grab the clipboard with the form attached (1 page single sided) and start filling it out as soon as possible. The clipboards are in a cardboard box, on the floor, by the door and security guard, as you're walking in. Grab a (minature golf) pencil as well if you didn't bring a pen. Once you finish filling it out bring it to the receptionist as soon as possible for her to check the form and your docs. The sooner you bring it to her the faster you'll be placed on the waiting list.

Sit in the waiting area until they call his name. Once his name is called only he can go in. They will not allow you to go in with him. There is a female Chinese worker doing the biometrics in the back if translation is needed.

The first time I went with my wife it was raining and the line almost went around the corner. Inside the waiting room there wasn't a place to sit because it was packed. You had to wait for several people to be called before you can grab a seat. I forgot how long we waited out on the street before they let us inside but the waiting time inside was about half an hour before she was called. Don't worry about going a little earlier than your scheduled appointment. They should take you.

The second time we went for the 10 year biometrics took us 5 minutes to fill out the form and for them to fingerprint & photograph her. I couldn't believe we were the only ones there besides the workers. How long would it take for you to do the biometrics? It's a toss up on how many are scheduled for that date and time.

Hope that helps!

Edited by amerchin (see edit history)

Thank you to both Tom & Ling and Americhin.

We are from Washington, but are in the process of relocating to NY, so we put our new address in NY down on the AOS forms. We will be flying to NY for this appt, so we want to make sure that we don't leave any important thing behind, otherwise the price will be too costly to us. We plan to fly bk to WA the same day. Our appointment is at 1pm, so we should have plently of time before our 7pm flight back. Our plan will land in NY about 10am that morning, we plan on going straight to the office. If we are too early, than we will just until we will be call. I guess better early than sorry.

Thank you for the detail informations. My husband and I love to worry about everything thing, so CFL and everyone's help here sure helped us a lot.

Hi everone,

Well since I am registered for notification by e-mail at the USCIS.

I received two e-mails that the boys I-765's were approved on 7/2/2009.

So two of the seven applications were approved.

They will be sent within the next 30 days.

At least I know the photos and fingerprints for the boys came out alright.

Tom and Ling