Connecting flight conflicts?????

Ok, I have been wondering if there is a problem with Chinese citizens holding a visa to the US have any problems connecting flights in Taiwan?

Are there any countries that give a hassle to Chinese connecting in their airports? (Japan, Korea, Philipines, etc. )

What are some of your personal experiences when your spouse or fiancees flew over?

Thanks,

Damian

Ok, I have been wondering if there is a problem with Chinese citizens holding a visa to the US have any problems connecting flights in Taiwan?

Are there any countries that give a hassle to Chinese connecting in their airports? (Japan, Korea, Philipines, etc. )

What are some of your personal experiences when your spouse or fiancees flew over?

Thanks,

Damian

My two RMB would be to say no...no problem. Connecting on international flights always happen in secure "Transit" areas of airports. They can't leave the area with passing through immigration. Lots of people from all over pass through these places. I can't see why Chinese would have any more problems than anyone else.

http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/waffen/violent-smiley-105.gif

Thanks,

Damian

My two RMB would be to say no...no problem. Connecting on international flights always happen in secure "Transit" areas of airports. They can't leave the area with passing through immigration. Lots of people from all over pass through these places. I can't see why Chinese would have any more problems than anyone else.

You never cease to amaze me with them e-icons! This one, I think, is the most graphic one I have seen from you yet!...lol. What's next Dave G.?, A suicide bomber smiley with dynomite strapped around it's circular body blowing up a smiley discotek???...... :lol:

Thanks,

Damian

You never cease to amaze me with them e-icons! This one, I think, is the most graphic one I have seen from you yet!...lol. What's next Dave G.?, A suicide bomber smiley with dynomite strapped around it's circular body blowing up a smiley discotek???...... :lol:

Let me look.............

http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/waffen/violent-smiley-104.gif

Close enough?

Pretty close I'd say! :o

close enough for horseshoes and hand grenades but I was looking for some real action Dave G.!.....lol. I mean, chopping off the smiley's left segment is good but now give us the real R-rated stuff!...... :(

http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/waffen/violent-smiley-104.gif

Close enough?

Pretty close I'd say! :lol:

close enough for horseshoes and hand grenades but I was looking for some real action Dave G.!.....lol. I mean, chopping off the smiley's left segment is good but now give us the real R-rated stuff!...... :lol:

I'm working on it.....

http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/waffen/violent-smiley-084.gif

A connecting flight via Taiwan from mainland China is not yet possible. There is no direct flight from mainland to Taiwan.If you could make it with a private Chinese passport, I am sure this would be considered a historial event. Direct flight between mainland and Taiwan has always been a goal both parties are working on. Many flights between the two places would have to go across Hongkong, which makes the flight times longer. However, if you fly from Hongkong via Taiwan to the U.S., it would not be a problem.

Yes, I should have been more specific. She lives in Guangzhou and it is just as convienent and cheaper for us to fly out of Hong Kong. I already knew that there are no flights between the mainland and Taiwan. I would love to see this happen, because the flights via Taipei seem like they are almost always cheapest.

Thanks

I've gone through Tokyo more times than I can remember and I've never seen any Chinese passengers on the plane get hassled when transferring to their connecting US flight.

Although I don't know how it would work to go through Taiwan, I'm sure it's possible. If no one else on CFL has any experience in this regard, your best bet might be contacting the airline you are planning on using in Hong Kong or an HK travel agent, because they would probably have the most experience with Mainlanders going through Taiwan.

Good luck!

For what it's worth....

Jing Mei will be flying on Air China from Shanghai to San Francisco. Total cost for two one-way tickets = 7000 RMB. She's flying from GZ ===> Shanghai ===> SFO. Cost for the ticket from GZ ===> Shanghai = ~ $125 p/person. I think it's a steal! And, the itinerary is ideal. Departs Shanghai at 5:30 PM direct to SFO. Arrives 11:55 AM. Ironically, my flight from LV arrives SFO at 11:55 AM too. Gee...I hope we'll be using different runways or things might get interesting.

http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/sehrgrosse/large-smiley-047.gif

I've gone through Tokyo more times than I can remember and I've never seen any Chinese passengers on the plane get hassled when transferring to their connecting US flight.  

Although I don't know how it would work to go through Taiwan, I'm sure it's possible. If no one else on CFL has any experience in this regard, your best bet might be contacting the airline you are planning on using in Hong Kong or an HK travel agent, because they would probably have the most experience with Mainlanders going through Taiwan.

Good luck!

Yes, when we went through Seoul, I passed through the check point with no delay and then had to wait for my wife. They actually segregated all the Chinese passengers to one side and subjected them to close questioning and several where searched. When my wife finally pointed me out standing about 10 meters away and giving them what my children refer to as "The Look", they suddenly got apoligetic with her and with me and hustled her out. The rest of the Chinese were still being scrutinized as we left the area for our connecting flight.