Applied for CR1, should we also apply for K-3

Many do, however K-3 is an OPTIONAL visa type.

Keep in mind K-3 (Life-ACT) is a visa type that was developed at at time when USCIS was taking a very long time to process I-130 compared to I-129F (K-1) the K-3's whole reason for existance is to reunite spouses and allow them to wait out the I-130 approval together. Since USCIS has begun the practice of approving I-130 AND I-129F starting last fall, the whole reason for K-3 (Entry to the USA and WAITING for I-130 approval). Since last fall if a person responds to the NVC requests for I-130 things like I-864, and DS-230, the CR-1 can be interviewed within weeks of a possible K-3 interview, not months like in the old days.

K-3:

I-130: $355

I-129F: NONE

Consulate: $131

Adjustment Of Status: $1010 I-485

($1496)

CR-1

NVC I-864: $70

NVC Visa fee: $400 ($355+$45)

($825)

I see many posts from K-3 holders stating, "Wow this sucks, I am stuck at home because I don't have EAD, DL, etc, or I am having hard time getting added to bank accounts because of NO SSN." K-3 has a 90 day or longer period of limbo while waiting for EAD or Green-card.

K-3 was developed at a time when CR-1 was taking much longer that today, NVC and USCIS has greatly streamlined the CR-1 process to the point where K-3 becomes irrelevant.

Many do, however K-3 is an OPTIONAL visa type.

Keep in mind K-3 (Life-ACT) is a visa type that was developed at at time when USCIS was taking a very long time to process I-130 compared to I-129F (K-1) the K-3's whole reason for existance is to reunite spouses and allow them to wait out the I-130 approval together. Since USCIS has begun the practice of approving I-130 AND I-129F starting last fall, the whole reason for K-3 (Entry to the USA and WAITING for I-130 approval). Since last fall if a person responds to the NVC requests for I-130 things like I-864, and DS-230, the CR-1 can be interviewed within weeks of a possible K-3 interview, not months like in the old days.

K-3:

I-129F: NONE

Consulate: $131

Adjustment Of Status: $1010 I-485

($1496)

CR-1

NVC I-864: $70

NVC Visa fee: $400 ($355+$45)

($825)

I see many posts from K-3 holders stating, "Wow this sucks, I am stuck at home because I don't have EAD, DL, etc, or I am having hard time getting added to bank accounts because of NO SSN." K-3 has a 90 day or longer period of limbo while waiting for EAD or Green-card.

K-3 was developed at a time when CR-1 was taking much longer that today, NVC and USCIS has greatly streamlined the CR-1 process to the point where K-3 becomes irrelevant.

Thanks for the quick reply. We appreciate it. We just want to make sure that we are looking and considering every possibility so we can be together as early as possible.