Biometrics Appointment

Hey folks. Well, we have our biometrics appointment for tomorrow. I love how they say they will consider our application abandoned. I guess the $1200+ in fees, 1.5 year+ long wait, getting married, and all the time/money/effort in GUZ and China is something we just did for fun and the heck of it?

I'm actually considering driving there tonight, even though it is a one hour long drive from where we live. I am paranoid enough that I don't want traffic, accidents, car troubles, or some other random act from God having us miss the appointment. We are scheduled for 8am, so there is little leeway in the morning.

Anything I need to bring besides the passport, national ID, and appointment letter?

Anything to watch out for?

I also updated my timeline before this post, just so folks don't have to remind me. Thanks!

I believe they set all appointments for 8am, it is first come first served, so if you show up at 9am, they wont deny you.

Biometrics is: (Fingerprints, Photo, and Signature).

They just need passport, and appointment letter.

I believe they set all appointments for 8am, it is first come first served, so if you show up at 9am, they wont deny you.

Biometrics is: (Fingerprints, Photo, and Signature).

They just need passport, and appointment letter.

No - at the Houston ASC, it's either every 10 minutes, or 30 mins, or every hour throughout the day. I expect they would take you at a later time, if they're not too busy. If not, you can still re-schedule.

While they finish up one group, they have another group lined up outside.

Your ASC may vary.

We decided to save the cash for a hotel room and just leave 2+ hours early for what should be a 1 hour drive with no traffic.

We arrived before 7am and had to find a place to get a donut, coffee and to wait for 8am.

I started 'the line,' but there was only one lady behind me who was going for citizenship. I guess you have to get biometrics again if you file for citizenship.

I find it ironic how it is easier to just steal someone's ID than it is to go through all the motions for visa, conditional green card, 10 year green card, and citizenship. I should know because my ID was stolen 2 years.

The staff were on time, efficient, polite and we were done within 20 minutes from start to finish. They fingerprint scan with probably more efficiency than felony prisoners or at least just as methodical.

The only 30 second hangup was the first person said my wife's name didn't match the documentation. It was because she took my last name, so it was good we had our marriage certificate with us. I actually brought all our paperwork, just in case.

Now I guess we just wait to see if there are any hang ups, if we get called for an interview, RFE or some other issue.

Still, the experience so far with pre-visa vs., after entry into the US and AOS has been night and day with the experience in the US far better.

Yep, biometrics are painless.

We had to drive an hour west to Buffalo to do them 2 years ago, Yu slept most of the way there. Since we were in the area we did a side trip to Niagara Falls and looked at them from the US side of course!