My Fiance got her approval!! YAY!!!

you need to talk to Randy W , K-1/2 already 20 y/o son is aged out from my undrestanding you will need to do CR-1 for him as as she will be LPR will take years.

CR-Visa is NOT an option, a step parent "US Citizen" cannot file an I-130 for a step child if marriage is after child's 18th birthday.

They are on the correct path, but need to enter USA, marry, and file for AOS before child's 21st birthday, and should mark the case "Potential AGE-OUT case"

An I-130 is ALWAYS an option - IF there is someone who can file it.

If he has OTHER relatives in the US, maybe one is of a relation that would allow it - sibling (citizen), etc. His mother can file for him as soon as she gets her green card. A student visa coupled with an I-130 from his mother might work out just fine.

It may be a lot of fun to speculate what this guy's lawyer is up to, but he's not telling us much.

hI Kman,

My husband Wang ZiYi and I had lunch with Jinky the beginning of JUly. He was in a similar situation like your wife and they had become friends. When we found out she got her pink-finally!! We were really happy. Good luck to you guys!

I had just found this forum and been reading many posts. I was in the process of preparing my package to be sent to my congressman due to the long wait. I had patience to spare, but, also knew that there was no reason for such a long wait. Things were complicated by the fact that she (My fiance, Jinky) had been a member of the Communist Party. Sort of stupid, considering we have the Communist Party in America. Also, she had worked for a company for 18.5 years. In the last two years of her employment there, the government bought the business. So, to be considered for any position, she had to join. And, it was only part of the "Tourism" business that China is trying to develop.

I had been to China 3 times to be with Jinky. I loved being there and it was a joy to be with her and her family and friends. Sadly, I lost most of my speaking Cantonese when I came back and was not around it very long. She can understand me. But, my accent and pronunciation has gone bad and hardly anybody else can understand me. During the entire process, I was in constant contact with GUZ (mostly form replies...grrrrrr) and the DOS. I also kept every chat log since I applied (over 700 since January 2008) separate from my previous chat logs too.

But, on June 15, she received her notice of approval and when to go to show her papers one more time. We are waiting on her new Police Certificate and then she will go with her papers to show. We are looking for her arrival in America on July 23. My whole family and I are ready to welcome Jinky to our family. Once her son graduates from College (I insisted that he complete his education before coming to America. He is studying Business, Japanese and English) we will apply again for him to come too. Fortunately, he says he will not join the Communist Party. He has seen how that delays everything.

My heart is grateful for her approval and that soon we will be together again. Most of our delays were from her not having her papers completely ready. We lost 3 months due to this. But, soon, we will be together, and, that is all that matters.

It may be a lot of fun to speculate what this guy's lawyer is up to, but he's not telling us much.

Ummm, I'm not giving you information or....???????

What is it you want to know?

How you're going to get your step-son here

Hate to be nosey - just curious

Oh, not nosey.....just wasn't sure if you meant the lawyer or me..:cheering:

The problem was that he was 18 before I was serious with Jinky, so, that shot the K1. We will not be able to get married soon enough and apply for his K2 before he is 21. Student Visa is the only way to get him here quickly. It will be a battle. But, it will happen. He speaks Mandarin, Cantonese, Hunan, English and is now studying Japanese. He is also studying Business and is doing very good in class. The time it will take for him to come to America will give him time to adapt and grow. We will begin the process as soon as we can demonstrate his grades to the satisfaction of the school he applies too, and, the US government.

Believe me, I do not think it is a cake walk. Just the way it is and the way we have to do it.

hI Kman,

My husband Wang ZiYi and I had lunch with Jinky the beginning of JUly. He was in a similar situation like your wife and they had become friends. When we found out she got her pink-finally!! We were really happy. Good luck to you guys!

I had just found this forum and been reading many posts. I was in the process of preparing my package to be sent to my congressman due to the long wait. I had patience to spare, but, also knew that there was no reason for such a long wait. Things were complicated by the fact that she (My fiance, Jinky) had been a member of the Communist Party. Sort of stupid, considering we have the Communist Party in America. Also, she had worked for a company for 18.5 years. In the last two years of her employment there, the government bought the business. So, to be considered for any position, she had to join. And, it was only part of the "Tourism" business that China is trying to develop.

I had been to China 3 times to be with Jinky. I loved being there and it was a joy to be with her and her family and friends. Sadly, I lost most of my speaking Cantonese when I came back and was not around it very long. She can understand me. But, my accent and pronunciation has gone bad and hardly anybody else can understand me. During the entire process, I was in constant contact with GUZ (mostly form replies...grrrrrr) and the DOS. I also kept every chat log since I applied (over 700 since January 2008) separate from my previous chat logs too.

But, on June 15, she received her notice of approval and when to go to show her papers one more time. We are waiting on her new Police Certificate and then she will go with her papers to show. We are looking for her arrival in America on July 23. My whole family and I are ready to welcome Jinky to our family. Once her son graduates from College (I insisted that he complete his education before coming to America. He is studying Business, Japanese and English) we will apply again for him to come too. Fortunately, he says he will not join the Communist Party. He has seen how that delays everything.

My heart is grateful for her approval and that soon we will be together again. Most of our delays were from her not having her papers completely ready. We lost 3 months due to this. But, soon, we will be together, and, that is all that matters.

Wow!! You know my Jinky? Chen YanHong is her proper name. In GZ? wow...it really is a small world!!! She is so sweet isn't she? So full of good humor and, she actually gets my humor!! That is not easy even for Americans!! hahahaha

• 2 weeks later...

After two nerve wracking weeks of waiting for her new Police Certificate (The old one had gone out of date) Jinky got went to the Consulate today, showed that the them and got her Pink slips!! She is due to pick up the visa on Thursday. So, if things keep going smooth, she will be in America on July 23!! YAY!!!!!!!!