GUZ receiving approved I-130 from Beijing Embassy

Hello Everyone:

Our DCF I-130 was approved at the Beijing embassy on May 21st and sent to GUZ on May 21st. As of Friday, the GUZ office still has no record of receiving it.

This is the reply I received after my second inquiry:

Thank you for your inquiry! To this day, we have not received the subject mentioned case from the USCIS in Beijing. Please rest assured that we will notify your beneficiary by mailing an instruction packet after we receive the case file. Please note that mail and fax are processed in the order received, due to the large volume we have to processed daily, our response sometimes may not be instantaneous. Your patience would be hightly appreciately.

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit U.S. Consulate General Guangzhou 1 Shamian South Street Guangzhou, Guangdong 510133 PRC Fax: 86-20-38844412

It will soon be a month since the Beijing embassy sent the file to GUZ, is this a normal legnth of time? I always thought it was less than a week.

Thanks for your replies.

Hello Everyone:

Our DCF I-130 was approved at the Beijing embassy on May 21st and sent to GUZ on May 21st. As of Friday, the GUZ office still has no record of receiving it.

This is the reply I received after my second inquiry:

Thank you for your inquiry! To this day, we have not received the subject mentioned case from the USCIS in Beijing. Please rest assured that we will notify your beneficiary by mailing an instruction packet after we receive the case file. Please note that mail and fax are processed in the order received, due to the large volume we have to processed daily, our response sometimes may not be instantaneous. Your patience would be hightly appreciately.

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit U.S. Consulate General Guangzhou 1 Shamian South Street Guangzhou, Guangdong 510133 PRC Fax: 86-20-38844412

It will soon be a month since the Beijing embassy sent the file to GUZ, is this a normal legnth of time? I always thought it was less than a week.

Thanks for your replies.

I don't know what is normal for an I-130, but GUZ sat on our I-129F petition for about a month after it was delivered to the consulate. I have seen some take two months. You're likely to get a better response by calling DOS.

I don't know what is normal for an I-130, but GUZ sat on our I-129F petition for about a month after it was delivered to the consulate. I have seen some take two months. You're likely to get a better response by calling DOS.

What is the DOS and how do I contact them? :blink:

What is the DOS and how do I contact them? :blink:

DOS is the Department of State. You can call them at 202 663-1225, then press 1-0. They can give you the status such as when GUZ enters it in the computer or when a package is mailed. Even if you are in China, it is worth calling them in the US. They are always courteous and I have never waited more than 2 minutes.

Give it time, twoinchina. Be patient. The consulate is slow. They have your case but haven't processed it yet. It could take up to 60 or 70 days going on past information with the K visas. I dont know if DCF makes a difference but those cases seem to be quicker, judging from the past. But rest assured, they will get to it. Good Luck!