Just Out of Curiosity

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I have seen from this process no matter how fast your files get to GZ 2 months or 3 months. The fastest I have seen anyone get their visa from start to finish is about 7 months. I have seen alot of timelines where it took a total of 10 months.

Um,

I've lost that race.

It took 8 months just for my file to get out of the USA. I've now passed the 10 month point and still no P3.....

Of course, the other extreme, I just saw the timeline for johnnybill45. According to his Signature, he started the process in June 2001 (nearly 2 1/2 years ago), and he is still waiting for an interview date. THERE IS ABSOULTELY NO RATIONAL EXCUSE FOR AN APPLICATION TO TAKE OVER 2 YEARS TO PROCESS. Even if he married Sadam Hussein's daughter, they should have an answer on the application by now.

----- Cliff ------

Well well, more confirmed reports from 001 BBS china , some girls just reported recieving P3 in the mail today, thier cases were forwarded to GZ from NVC on August 29th..........so it seems GZ is randomly picking a few cases out of each shipment from far back as July and processing them....

This is just absolutely unfair.......

Apparently the case we all dis- believed above is in fact, a true timeline...

I can't stand it.....

It reminds me when I was waiting for the p4 I saw people get their p4 and interview that return the p3 after me.

Hang in there 2 weeks ago a alot of people got their p4 and interview date it could be it is time for the p3 to get done.

I'm still skeptical. If there were people on Candle who were randomly getting super fast turnaround maybe I wouldn't be so skeptical. I just don't see that happening here. Is there any reason only people on 001 would get priority? I don't think so.

Often I think there is confusion in how people define their timelines and the steps along the way. And confusting the issue further are people who get onto these sites and post erroneous information.

We are at the 10 month mark now. Most others I see here waiting are somewhere in that same neighborhood.

Maybe that's a good question for all of us in the "P3 Pit." Would everyone in "the Pit" (defined as: your case has been forwarded from NVC via DHL and is showing as received at the GZ consulate, but don't have a P3 yet)... would you post how long it's been since you first sent in your I129F.

For us it has been 42 weeks.

.Often I think there is confusion in how people define their timelines and the steps along the way.  And confusting the issue further are people who get onto these sites and post erroneous information.

Robhon

Could you be in the state of denial. If you take everything in consideration

why can't that be a true timeline? Not everyone paperwork got stuck in customs. Alot of the people that is waiting for 10 months already is either in the old process, did not file at VSC, got stuck and NVC for a few months,got their paperwork stuck at customs. Some are LUCKY enough that none of this happen to them. Like I said before I breeze through from filing to P3 in 2 months without any problems BUT I had to wait 3 /12 months to get P4. Hopefully when everyone here gets their P3 they won't have to wait another 3 to 4 months to get P4.

Hi, Gigibebe,

Can you tell me the DATE on which the FBI completed your Name Check?

When did DOS receive the name check results from the FBI?

Thank you for your help!

Eva

Hi Eva

NVC complete their check in early June it took about 3 weeks. but once my case went to GZ I was inform that they still need a security clearance before They can schedule the interview. That was in early July. about 2 weeks ago I found out that the FBI completed the clearance check in Mid sept. I got my interview and p4 a little bit after mid OCT. It seems like it took about a month from the time the clearance is completed for GZ and Dos to give the interview date. But that is just my case It could be different on others cases.

Hope this help

Robhon

Could you be in the state of denial. If you take everything in consideration

why can't that be a true timeline? Not everyone paperwork got stuck in customs. Alot of the people that is waiting for 10 months already is either in the old process, did not file at VSC, got stuck and NVC for a few months,got their paperwork stuck at customs. Some are LUCKY enough that none of this happen to them. Like I said before I breeze through from filing to P3 in 2 months without any problems BUT I had to wait 3 /12 months to get P4. Hopefully when everyone here gets their P3 they won't have to wait another 3 to 4 months to get P4.

Gigibebe,

Really, I'm only trying to get a better sense of what people's current timelines are and put them in a more rational perspective. I see lots of people here whose timelines are all similar to mine and, here on CFL, I've not seen anyone here whose timelines have been significantly shorter. With the varied ways that people choose to state things I think the whole topic of timelines becomes easily confused.

So, I pose the same question to you. How many weeks was it from the day you sent in your I-129F until you received your P3? (I use the I-129F because that is the start of visa process. The I-130 is the start of the immigration process.) Is that how you are counting your two months?

You may think I'm getting all upset over the situation but I'm really not. I know some people get through faster and others slower. I'm really just trying to make an effort to make sure we are comparing apples to apples as we discuss this topic.