Almost a week since AOS P-1...

It has been a week since my hus got his AOS P-1, but no bio appt letter received yet... Should I call USCIS? I can check the status online, but it only says case pending and blah blah blah. Will the USCIS operator know time and date of his bio appt?

Thanks.

If you do not have the Bio Appointment letter by Monday or Tuesday, you can call the number that is on the NOA-1.

This is what I did and I did get a heads-up on my appointment date, a couple of days prior to receiving the notice in the mail.

One thing, the intial agent you talk to will not have that info; you must be elevated to the next level (officer in CA) who has that data available to him/her. It took me two calls and smooth talk, to get elevated to the CA center. :D

Thanks. Called twice this morning, unable to get pass the operator. USCIS told me to wait for 60 days before calling back... 60days??? If I am lucky, I might have GC appointment then.

I will give it few more days to see if bio appt arrives. I am just worry if I don't get the letter and not show up at the bio appt, USCIS will automatically withdraw our case as we give up our application. I have seen couple members there saying not showing up at appointed time is bad.

Only a week, I'd suggest being a bit more patient. Getting the Biometrics appointment within a month of the receipt is common where a week is an oddity.

That may have been true in the past; however, the current experience, seems to be a week to ten days, from NOA-1 to letter of Biometric Appointment mailed.

Ours was in hand, exactly one week, after the NOA-1 was postmarked.

Most over at VJ, (April 2009 filers) are showing the same results.

The fee increase, and productivity goals within USCIS seem to have changed the process significantly of late.

Our NOA-1 to AOS interview(s) was 74 days.

Edited by rogerinca (see edit history)

Only a week, I'd suggest being a bit more patient. Getting the Biometrics appointment within a month of the receipt is common where a week is an oddity.

That may have been true in the past; however, the current experience, seems to be a week to ten days, from NOA-1 to letter of Biometric Appointment mailed.

Ours was in hand, exactly one week, after the NOA-1 was postmarked.

Most over at VJ, (April 2009 filers) are showing the same results.

The fee increase, and productivity goals within USCIS seem to have changed the process significantly of late.

Our NOA-1 to AOS interview(s) was 74 days.

While 7-10 days is beginning to become the new standard, jumping the gun and calling USCIS to find out where it is after 7 days is a bit excessive IMHO.

Now the OP has been told not to call back for 60 days, so if it doesn't come in the next few weeks they are stuck in USCIS limbo because the USCIS is looking into it....

While we might be able to call a business and make demands and inquiries based on expected performance that tact has not seemed to gained much traction when dealing with government agencies. The only thing to do in the short term is to be patient, but often that's considered unAmercian. :partytime2: