K1 (I129) Denial/Review

This past May, I received a letter from from the Service Center the infamous NOID/NOIR giving me 33 days to respond, I sent about 60 pages overnight delivery USPO, on the 22 of May, so with Memorial Day on the 25th it was delivered on the 26th, June 3rd a letter from the service center was sent reaffirming the original approval and sent back to the Dept. of State for Review (GUZ). I was in China so I went to the Citizen hour and asked a couple of questions, one was for time for the interview again, maybe 6 months reason being snail mail and Chinese Customs... Some sunshine after much rain.

Guest jin979

great news :greenblob:

2 questions for you all

1. Tsap seui was your reapproval from VSC or CSC ?

2. does this reflect what M.Ellis said in another post in that VSC acts on returned petitions alone or is now CSC beginning to act to and not just let them die ?

great news :)

2 questions for you all

2. does this reflect what M.Ellis said in another post in that VSC acts on returned petitions alone or is now CSC beginning to act to and not just let them die ?

1. Our re-approval came from VSC., with no letter from VSC stating what the DOS denied us for, hence no need for a rebutal from me. They just re-approved it....in effect they saw no "legal" reason for us to have be denied in the first place. DOLT

2. I think that would be a fair assumption. ;) And yes, it looks like CSC isn't just relying on the VO's "sorry" word, they're actually appling the truth of the law to these matters. :yahoo:

HKG's timeline was much more reasonable than what we were dealt. Our timeline roughly went like this...

July 2007...Interview---blue slip

May 2008....Denied

January 2009...case sent back to the NVC and on to VCS

Febuary 2009...e-mail from VCS stating they had recieved our case and would review it * No NOID/NOIR sent to me*

June 2009...Letter from VCS to me stating our case had be re-approved and forwarded to Guangzhou via the NVC.

WOOOOHOOO...only 23 months from interview to re-approval. That wuz quick, eh? :P Anybody out there jealous? :lol:

Yeah, we got fuc#ed by Guangzhou. So what, we're as happy as a couple of peas in a pod, and actually laugh at the fact we were "re-approved".....meaningless as that is today.

Good luck to you guys HKG, I hope the next interview is a "legal" one. :)

tsap seui

great news :Taking_photo:

2 questions for you all

I do not know the answer about reasons the Service centers sends out letters, I did send FOIA letters to USCIS and Dept. of State, maybe that helped to get a response from USCIS.

Thanks, for you well wishes!

You may get lucky, and NVC will send case back to GUZ using electronic processing. This may save you MONTHS.

I would contact NVC and ask about this.

MORE: http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/nv..._petitions.html

You may get lucky, and NVC will send case back to GUZ using electronic processing. This may save you MONTHS.

By what I read, a K visa is not eligible for electronic processing, but maybe someday. Jeff

It is available for K visa just a slightly different procedure .. not totally paperless...

Please Note: The NVC electronic processing project for K visa (fianc¨¦e/spouse non-immigrant visa), has different procedures. For these cases, although the petitions are loaded electronically, the U.S. Consulate in Guangzhou still contacts visa beneficiaries to provide more documents prior to interview scheduling.

If you are a K visa applicant and you have opted in for electronic processing, you will still have to wait for paper Instructions via mail from the Consulate.

By what I read, a K visa is not eligible for electronic processing, but maybe someday. Jeff

It is available for K visa just a slightly different procedure .. not totally paperless...

Please Note: The NVC electronic processing project for K visa (fianc¨¦e/spouse non-immigrant visa), has different procedures. For these cases, although the petitions are loaded electronically, the U.S. Consulate in Guangzhou still contacts visa beneficiaries to provide more documents prior to interview scheduling.

If you are a K visa applicant and you have opted in for electronic processing, you will still have to wait for paper Instructions via mail from the Consulate.

It helps if you read the whole page, doesn't it? Jeff :lol:

It helps if you read the whole page, doesn't it? Jeff :lol:

Ditto! I was just about to post that. This is why I linked the page on GUZ site. Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

Please Note: The NVC electronic processing project for K visa (fianc??¨¬?e/spouse non-immigrant visa), has different procedures. For these cases, although the petitions are loaded electronically, the U.S. Consulate in Guangzhou still contacts visa beneficiaries to provide more documents prior to interview scheduling.

I've been following all of this electronic processing 'stuff' - and the thing I'm always looking at, is to 'reduce the dead time' between 'NVC out' and 'GUZ opens the casefile'. Based on a few K-1 members timelines here, I think the casefile is being handled electronically for the 'NVC-out / GUZ recv' leg of the the casfile journey.

Please Note: The NVC electronic processing project for K visa (fianc?¡ì?e/spouse non-immigrant visa), has different procedures. For these cases, although the petitions are loaded electronically, the U.S. Consulate in Guangzhou still contacts visa beneficiaries to provide more documents prior to interview scheduling.

So - if that's indeed the case - wa wa - there's 2 to 4 months of 'dead time' that is vanishing.. YAY !!!

But wait... there's more. I just got off the phone with an NVC 'operator' , asked the question about casefile sending of K-1's to GUZ. She said that they are NO LONGER sending the casefile via DHL - instead , they are using the 'SAFEFILE' system to send the files electronically to GUZ. Double YAY !!!

Edited by Sebastian (see edit history)

Tsap - I've no idea what happens with 're-adjudicated petitions' .. such as yours.

If you have the time next week, could you call NVC and see what's up with your case? and ask, specifically, if they are sending your casefile via SAFEFILE or via DHL ?

TIA !