Moving to China

Guest Tony n Terrific

Guest Tony n Terrific

I have a good friend who is now a widower for the past 2 years now. He basically wants to escape his wife's passing and the memories associated with her. His wife was a Fillipino woman who he met here in the USA 19 years ago. She was such a nice and caring lady. The good always die so young. He has been devasted by this.

He has joined me and has chatted with my wife on the web cam a number of times. He would like to meet a nice Chinese woman and possibly get married again.

What are some of the requirements for him as well as the do s and don'ts to move to China.

Edited by Tony n Terrific (see edit history)

Hey Tony, He can go to China on an L visa as a tourist and stay usually up to 60 days as stipulated on his visa. Then he will need to leave. He can hop down to HK, get a new L visa and be back in his city of choice in one day.

If..he want to get a temporary resident permit and be able to stay up to one year at a time, he will need to either:

A. Marry a Chinese citizen

B. Get a job, get an invitation from his employer so he can have a Z visa and then his employer will get him his temporary resident permit

I think that you know he will find no shortage of nice ladies that would love to marry him!

Since he doesn't currently have a lady in China, my advice would be to pick a city and go. The worst that will happen is that he has the time of his life. The best that will happen is will find the reason for life! 60 days is a long time! He can wander and see a lot, meet tons of people, then...who knows?

Guest ShaQuaNew

I have a good friend who is now a widower for the past 2 years now. He basically wants to escape his wife's passing and the memories associated with her. His wife was a Fillipino woman who he met here in the USA 19 years ago. She was such a nice and caring lady. The good always die so young. He has been devasted by this.

He has joined me and has chatted with my wife on the web cam a number of times. He would like to meet a nice Chinese woman and possibly get married again.

What are some of the requirements for him as well as the do s and don'ts to move to China.

I would say the very first requirement is that he come over for a short trip to see if he even likes it. The, make a trip for an extended visit. It shouldn't be too hard to find a Chinese lady that is willing to show him around.

While he is waiting for his visa to arrive he can be scoping out the Asian singles web sites. It is likely that he can find a friend/friends in a nice interesting city that he can visit on his trip. Others have done this with success, no?

I would say the very first requirement is that he come over for a short trip to see if he even likes it. The, make a trip for an extended visit. It shouldn't be too hard to find a Chinese lady that is willing to show him around.

i second this notion. as everyone here knows, china's not for every american.

also, it's like getting into a cold pool. some are able to jump right in and be happy. others need to ease down the steps into the shallow end and immerse themselves slowly.

he should stick his hand in first and at least get a feel before deciding what he wants to do.

I'm going to chime in here and say let him just do some travel first before Teaching. If he likes it, and finds a city he wants to stay in for a while and look around for the right lady, he can find a teaching job or maybe another tourist visa.

I suggest send him to Malaysia for a year. he'll need to pop back and forth to singapore to play the tourist visa game, but all is cheap in Malaysia, and most of the women there speak english. I'm not 'hard ' on China, it's just that Malaysia is smaller country, he can see everything and still live cheaply. AND speak english.

Edited by Sebastian (see edit history)

Guest ShaQuaNew

I suggest send him to Malaysia for a year. he'll need to pop back and forth to singapore to play the tourist visa game, but all is cheap in Malaysia, and most of the women there speak english. I'm not 'hard ' on China, it's just that Malaysia is smaller country, he can see everything and still live cheaply. AND speak english.

As they say in Malaysia, "Truly Asia."

;)

Xing Tai has some condo deals, brand new 2 bedrooms from around $50,000 , three bedrooms about $80,000 US dollars, I believe you will need to finish them off also the value of them could double within two years.

I'm just curious, why, out of all the countries, China?

Guest Tony n Terrific

I'm just curious, why, out of all the countries, China?

Since his wife passed away he has used me for a support mechanism. We both have been friends now for over 15 years. He became interested in China because of my contact with my wife. He has joined me in the chats and the web cam with my wife. So he relates to China more then anywhere else now. He was 10 year US Navy man, he has traveled all over the world. So he is sort of familar with some foriegn countries.

Even if you've traveled to 25 or 30 countries in America or Europe, China is a different ballgame. If your from a small town or the country, one of the 90 big cities in the PRC can be daunting...the crowds, the language, difference in cultures, foods, rules/laws, etc. If you really like the challenge of travel and get your head right it can be fun, but w/o patience things can piss a westerner off.

Guest jin979

As he just wants to find a nice chinese women and move to china to escape his memories here of his good marriage and love of beautiful wife I suggest he looks for older village women for wife and companion.

Sorry if thats blunt but that is taken from reading first post.

Guest Tony n Terrific

As he just wants to find a nice chinese women and move to china to escape his memories here of his good marriage and love of beautiful wife I suggest he looks for older village women for wife and companion.

Sorry if thats blunt but that is taken from reading first post.

I have told my friend that Chinese woman are blunt and straight foward. He has a degree in psycology and he may analyze your suggestion and look in this direction. Many people his age do not marry for love but for companionship of another.