Are they skipping our interview??

We got an I-797 NOA today after getting her EAD and AP this weekend in the mail.

The NOA says: "in order to speed up the processing we have transferred the above case to the following USCIS office for processing:

California Service Center.....

That office will notify you of the decision made on the application or petition."

So... what does that mean? No interview?

We got an I-797 NOA today after getting her EAD and AP this weekend in the mail.

The NOA says: "in order to speed up the processing we have transferred the above case to the following USCIS office for processing:

That office will notify you of the decision made on the application or petition."

It doesn't necessarily mean -no interview- but that could be possible.

I remember a while ago of people's cases transferred to the CSC got their GC's in the mail without having to go to an intrview. Im not sure how it works now but in any case, keep your fingers crossed and Good Luck!

As I am near the end of this process myself, I have been doing a lot of study in this regard and have garnered a lot of info from others at the VJ site, who are in the AOS stage of the process. Moreover, I had a conversation in this regard with an acquaintance who is an immigration attorney in San Francisco.

Be it K-1, or K-3, you will have an interview at some time before the ten year permanent Green Card is issued. There is always an exception to every rule/case, but for the most part this is the way it is, based both on what I have read at VJ and a conversation over this specific topic with the attorney in the Bay Area.

If you are K-1, or a K-3 married less than two years, you may have the AOS interview at the two year conditional GC stage, or they may pick you up later, when you go for the ten year permanent card. It is difficult to discern if this is due to how the case looks to them, i.e., no red flags, or what, as to the decision to do the interview at the front, or wait until going for the permanent GC?

With respect to those of us who married in China (K-3) and have filed after the second marriage anniversary, this is the only shot they get at us, so to speak, and there will be an interview if the conditional card is moot and the ten year card is in order. This is the way it is in our case (married 30 months), and my wife, daughter and I, will go for our interview in the next week.

As to being transferred to the CSC, most over at VJ look forward to this, because in (most) cases, it means no initial interview at the two year GC stage. I have, however, seen a [few] cases at VJ, wherein the parties are transferred to the CSC and then transferred back again, from California to the MBC and then assigned to the local regional office for adjudication and the interview.

Again, there is a ton of info available at VJ, because the universe of members going through the AOS process is so much greater, at any given time. Moreover, it appears that the AOS process is moving very quickly for most individuals at this time, this includes the EAD, AP, and GC, portions of the AOS process. Recently, most RFE's have been over current year tax return not included, or other missing docs, signatures, and a few over issues regarding the medical exam, or form I-864, etc.

Looking at your timeline, my best guess is that you will be processed for the conditional GC at the CSC and you will not have an interview at this time.

Best wishes !!

Edited by rogerinca (see edit history)

Hi TaijiMonkey,

I Will be interested in your timing,

Ling and I are three weeks behind you and our biometrics are set for the 25th of June.

I however received 7 NOA's for a total of 14 NOA's since I also filed G-28's for each of the applications........ :cheering: :blink: :blink:

So we will see what happens........... :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Hope you don't get an interview.....or maybe you do want an interview.. ;)

Tom and Ling