It's a Strange World

Check this out...

Today I got a letter from Vermont dated June 9, 2009 that is an exact duplicate of what you get as a P-2 letter...saying

Approval Notice

Valid from 06/09/2009 to 10/09/2009

I'm afraid to even ask, what the hell is this? :lol:

On February 4, 2009 Vermont sent me an e-mail stating that they (Vermont) had recieved our case from the DOS with a request that Vermont look at it again.

Futhermore the e-mail states..."We will notify you when we complete our review, or if we need something from you."

Could the USCIS Vermont Service Center be saying that that awful DOS bitch who interviewed my wife have been as big a prick as we thought all along? :lol:

Vermont never ever told us what was wrong in Guangzhou, did not send me a letter of rebuttal, and instead sent me a letter of approval and stating that the application was being sent back to Guangzhou.

I've never read anything happening like this. On the one hand I knew we had a strong case and that we were more than prepared for that damned interview...on the other what a long strange trip this has been. :lol:

Did I mess up gettin' hitched? :P

I'm just gonna sit on this one a short time...I'm not being asked for anything from the USCIS, heck it looks like they reviewed our case and sent it right slam back to the DOS in Guangzhou, hopefully with a note that says YOU SORRY STUPID BASTARDS FUC#ED UP.

This whole thing is pretty much useless to me and I realize that at some point I will need to mention to someone that I am married now, hopefully I can use this as even more front end evidence of a bona fide relationship on the IR-1 we file. Looks like it's time to send Marc Ellis an e-mail or should I have posted this in Ellis Island? :)

tsap seui

Man that sounds like very good news...

I'm as hesitant to say CONGRATULATIONS as you are at celebrating. :lol:

I still can't stop smiling and thinking there's some happy trails ahead.

Let me just set off one little firework for kicks...http://i39.tinypic.com/mcvgb4.gif

Wow! Congratulations! We knew it all along.

They must have screwed up their return package big time.

Yeah - I wouldn't say a word, except to Marc (and us).

Wise advice Randy.

I knew in my heart they had screwed up, and during the 10 months in blue slip hell they NEVER even gave us a chance to defend ourselves.

I can't bring myself to mention this to the lil' rabbit. All this bullshit we went through and now, 23 months after the interview they send us this. It would break the lil' rabbit emotionally to hear this and to see that she INDEED should have been here 23 months ago. And now we're losing another 21 months until the interview for her IR-1.

I've said for a long time Guangzhou is nothing but a freakin' crap shoot. It has much more to do with LUCK than it does with paperwork, honesty, or preparation. It's like the lil' rabbit's name got put on the bottom of a plastic ducky in the ducky pond in the back room at the consulate and her name didn't get picked.

I can only keep on living life, persue my VA case with even more vigor (2 1/2 months finished in one VA PTSD hospital and another 3 month stay in a second VA PTSD hospital coming up in July), and keep on truckin'.

At least I get to live in Chinatucky for a bit...and I will have one helluva front load on our next application, maybe I can stick the USCIS up the DOS's ass for them. :lol:

tsap seui

Man that sounds like very good news...

I'm as hesitant to say CONGRATULATIONS as you are at celebrating. :lol:

I still can't stop smiling and thinking there's some happy trails ahead.

Let me just set off one little firework for kicks...http://i39.tinypic.com/mcvgb4.gif

I hear ya Dennis :lol:

I'm gonna be re-thinkin' the IR-1 and thinkin' of going the CR-1 route with a couple of Congressmen on board along with a letter to Obama to try and expedite the new application for a combat veteran. I mean, what the hell, the USCIS has approved us TWICE now, right?

Thanks for the firework, or was that a turtle head soup fart? :lol:

Tsaps congrats on your P-2 again :lol:

Just goes to show.

So what do you do now with it ?

Time for some fancy figgerin', eh mate?

tsap seui

well, if they send you an actual p2 postal thingie - I'm all up for putting in a frame and hanging it on the wall.

then, on your next trip to china, hang it on the wall in the toilet in the airplane.. (no, no - don't let it join the mile high club, la)

then - hang it on the wall on your new house in china.

That document needs to travel, I think so...

i have read on the USCIS 'case review site' (someone else has the url, I'm sure) that K-1s have been 're-approved' at USCIS, and sent back to the consulate (but was it GUZ? can't remember).

What you've fallen into , IMO, is some standard stuff - at least it's approved now (i thought, also, you'd get some prior notices and paperwork, but they decided to approve your petition on it's merits, instead).

Good At Cha !!!!

Now go Roast A Pig to Celebrate !!! (Deep Fire Pit, maybe?)

Warmest Regards...

Edited by Sebastian (see edit history)

Tsap, Don is going to have to dedicate a private server just to hold YOUR timeline! Geez!

I think Sebastian is right. Start framing the letters from USCIS...you could start a museum!

Good luck with this round..even though it is probably meaningless now that you're married...but it is good to get validation that at least someone knows you were right to begin with!

Yep, it is nice to get vindicated. The USCIS didn't tell you about why they over road the CO's recommendation for denial because it was so bogus and unsupportable. Or, to say it another way, they were probably embarrassed by the stupidity of the CO, but couldn't admit it.

On the other hand, because you are now married to the little rabbit, you will have to write to the USCIS and withdraw the K-1 petition. The K-1 became invalid the minute you said "I do." To make a request for withdrawal of the petition, you just write a brief letter stating that you wish to withdraw the petition, give the petition number, and a brief explanation that you are now married and will file for a CR-1

I hope that we will hear from you shortly that you have got both your withdrawal request and your I-130 CR-1 petition in the mail.

Yep, it is nice to get vindicated. The USCIS didn't tell you about why they over road the CO's recommendation for denial because it was so bogus and unsupportable. Or, to say it another way, they were probably embarrassed by the stupidity of the CO, but couldn't admit it.

On the other hand, because you are now married to the little rabbit, you will have to write to the USCIS and withdraw the K-1 petition. The K-1 became invalid the minute you said "I do." To make a request for withdrawal of the petition, you just write a brief letter stating that you wish to withdraw the petition, give the petition number, and a brief explanation that you are now married and will file for a CR-1

I hope that we will hear from you shortly that you have got both your withdrawal request and your I-130 CR-1 petition in the mail.

Thanks buddy. This really will change our plans for our CR-1. I will still go live with the lil' rabbit in our home but I may well file the CR-1 from over here in the states instead of losing 6 months working on a permanent resident card in Chinertucky. Decisions decisions :lol:

:ph34r: I've always said we had a well prepared and strong application. I can't help but laugh at the way the USCIS stuck it up the DOS's ass by sending our application right back to them. :)

tsap seui

tsap seui

Guest ShaQuaNew

Check this out...

Today I got a letter from Vermont dated June 9, 2009 that is an exact duplicate of what you get as a P-2 letter...saying

Approval Notice

Valid from 06/09/2009 to 10/09/2009

Wow! Congrats tsap. Sounds like things are finally starting to move along for you guys.

:)

Congratulations! I am happy to hear some positive news for you two. I have followed your case and I think you have worked harder and suffered more than most that has gone through this process.

Oh, by the way, Do you know why they built the bridge across the Ohio?

So that the Kentuckians can swim across in the shade. :greenblob:

Edited by Jeff USC (see edit history)

Thanks Jesse and Jeff, and a good joke Jeff, you ol' coon dawg.

I've really worked no harder than anyone else would for their woman, but thank you for the words Jeff. We had a very strong case for the interview and just weren't lucky, now, even though it's very late comin' it was nice to see the USCIS kick our application back into the teeth of the DOS, and validate our efforts.

The lil' rabbit and I have moved up the timeline of our plans for the DCF CR-1 as of this event and we both laughingly and in our shock say, "should we be happy?" Of course the answer is yes. :lol:

tsap seui