agent of choice notice

I received a notice from USCIS our I-130 was approved on May 31st, and was being sent to NVC. Once the NVC has it how long will it be until she receives the agent of choice notice from the NVC?

Is it possible for me get the NVC case number before she receives the agent of choice notice?

I have already typed up the letter for her to email to the NCV but would like to insert the NVC case number so all she will have to do is copy it and it email it to them.

Does her signature need to be on the email she sends or just her name printed along with her address and telephone number? I'm not sure if she will understand how to put her signature on the email.

Thanks for any help

Near as I can remember - the 'agent of choice', or DS-3032 form, takes about 1 month for the MAILING of it from NVC to the beneficiary.

However, once NVC opens up the file, it is assigned a case number for Guangzhou. You can find this out by CALLING the AVR thingie - see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/...he_NVC_ShortCut for some hints on getting the numbers you need.

AND.

There is no signature requirement if you email it in - see

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Email_DS-3032_form

but..

with the new electronic processing guidelines, you'll might be emailing a scanned in form with signature...

so - electronic for DS-3032, either way (email template or scanned form) is doable...

So, If I was doing this, I wouldn't wait on the DS-3032 to be sent via postal mail to yer lass. I'd send something in electronically, instead.

I noticed you had some bumps in the past - you now have opportunity to get the rest of 'this' finished up electronically, and shave off about 4 to 5 months of 'wait time' from this point forward ... IF and ONLY IF - you decide to enroll in electronic processing.

See http://travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4410.html to OPT IN.

There's an info form at http://travel.state.gov/pdf/electronic/GUZ...L-0003-0904.pdf

The NVC # is (603) 334-0700

If you handle it all electronically, it can be finished at NVC within 2 weeks. You'll need to be able to handle documents in PDF format.

Peter has done this recently - have a look ? http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=36600

Good Luck !!

Edited by Sebastian (see edit history)

I looked at the shortcut link and it sounds great to possibly cut off 4 to 5 months, but as the man once said "HUSTON WE HAVE A PROBLEM"

My wife has left her home in Chongqing and is with her daughter in Haikou. She plans on staying there until her daughter has her baby in September. If I read it correctly we are going to have to submit more copies of the police report, divorce and marriage certificates, birth certificates as well as tax returns all the stuff we already sent to USCIS, plus a copy for her to take to the interview. I doubt she brought any these with her to Haikou. I am going to Chongqing on the 29th of October and she will return to Chonggqing for about a week then back to Haikou when I leave and wants to stay in Haikou until she gets her interview notice. So it looks like the snail mail route is best for us at this time as much as I would like to shorten the process. We will have to spend some time running around Chongqing to get more translated copies. I've emailed her the template for the email to the NVC naming me as her agent of choice, we just need to insert the NVC case number when we get it. I don't know if the NVC has any time limit for me to respond with the documents I will need to send them ie. more copies of the birth cert, divorce cert, marriage certif, new passport type photos, passport bio page, updated police report.

I would be willing to bet that the mailed choice of agent form never reaches your wife. Get the GUZ number from the NVC number Sebastion provided and check out the shortcuts link. Good luck!!

police report is the only thing that can expire. if it's over a year old they require new one - if it's between 6 to 12 months old it gets 'iffy'.

everything else is fine. no need to 'redo' . However - if there aren't notarial translation 'white books' for 1) police 2) marriage cert 3) divorce cert and 4) birth certificate... then yer gonna be stuck.

can she make a short trip 'just for a new police report' ? If NOT - I think anyone IN her hukuo 'book' can actually request the report, pay for it, and pick it up - this varies by province, but.... it's worth a shot.

police report is the only thing that can expire. if it's over a year old they require new one - if it's between 6 to 12 months old it gets 'iffy'.

everything else is fine. no need to 'redo' . However - if there aren't notarial translation 'white books' for 1) police 2) marriage cert 3) divorce cert and 4) birth certificate... then yer gonna be stuck.

can she make a short trip 'just for a new police report' ? If NOT - I think anyone IN her hukuo 'book' can actually request the report, pay for it, and pick it up - this varies by province, but.... it's worth a shot.

And to add to this, the interview letter will come to her address in Chongqing so she has to go there to get it or have someone send it to her. When I did the CR1, none of the certs were needed until the medical exam. I think that has all changed now.

Chilton - if he decides to 'go electronic' - then all of the documents collected at the NVC stage (electronically) - must be presented in ORIGINAL FORM on interview day.

I say he go ahead and start the process soon, even with an 'iffy' police report - she can get another one any time before the interview.

If she is really worried to 'help her daughter' with the baby - f*ck me - hire an ayi/aiyi/aiya/aya (an aunty to care for the baby) for about 800 rmb per month - it's like a live-in nanny.

We just tried to send the email to the address given in James's short cuts for choice of agent. You get a return automated reply that states in april 2008 the NVC has changed it policy, only an lawyer can email to this address. Does any one know of a different address to email the NVC our choice of agent to?

Secondly she wants to be with her daughter during this very important time in her and her daughter's life, this is her only child who is going to have her only child. The possability of maybe cutting cutting some time off the visa process is not as important to me as their happiness and, lest you forget I am only her husband, which she can get as many as she wants, but this is her one and only child who is going to have her one and only child. Perhaps your wife would tell her daughter to just go check into a hotel have the baby and let the maid take care of it. There is no contest as to what is more important, less time in the visa process vs being there for her daughter during this time.

So I find your statement of "f*ck me get a nanny" totally uncalled for.

Chilton - if he decides to 'go electronic' - then all of the documents collected at the NVC stage (electronically) - must be presented in ORIGINAL FORM on interview day.

I say he go ahead and start the process soon, even with an 'iffy' police report - she can get another one any time before the interview.

If she is really worried to 'help her daughter' with the baby - f*ck me - hire an ayi/aiyi/aiya/aya (an aunty to care for the baby) for about 800 rmb per month - it's like a live-in nanny.

Hey TheMace - my apologies... I did not intend to step into any emotional concepts of your situation. Truly.

as to the email address - I dunno -that's what's listed.

I'm guessing that info is now outdated, since you report a problem with it.

I do know if you wanted to OPT IN for electronic processing, you'd have to send in an electronic DS-3032 (pdf file) to the address listed in the PDF'd url (in my first post here) - thats a special address for NVC-GUZ..

But if you don't want to go 'electronic' it may not be the 'thing to do'.

The email address I used to send in my DS-3032 on May 8,2009 was: NVCINQUIRY@state.gov

Just call NVC to get your case number. (603) 334-0700

I just tired this email address again and immediately got

the auto reply that this address is for authorized representitives (lawyers)

Has anyone else tried it and received this reply? I also had my wife try sending the information from China and she got the same auto reply.

The email address I used to send in my DS-3032 on May 8,2009 was: NVCINQUIRY@state.gov

Has anyone else tried it and received this reply? I also had my wife try sending the information from China and she got the same auto reply.

Well, you ARE an authorized representative, aren't you? What is the exact text?

All my auto replay are the same (see below):

The attached correspondence relates to an immigrant visa referenced on the subject line. This case is being processed by the National Visa Center. Please read the information carefully and follow the instructions.

This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee, please notify NVCinquiry@state.gov immediately by e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secured or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this message.

If at any time you wish not to receive correspondence by e-mail you may "Opt Out" by sending a written request to NVCinquiry@state.gov. This e-mail is sent by: The U.S. Department of State's National Visa Center, located at 32 Rochester Avenue, Portsmouth NH 03801. Please DO NOT REPLY to this e-mail.

All my auto replay are the same (see below):

The attached correspondence relates to an immigrant visa referenced on the subject line. This case is being processed by the National Visa Center. Please read the information carefully and follow the instructions.

This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee, please notify NVCinquiry@state.gov immediately by e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secured or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this message.

If at any time you wish not to receive correspondence by e-mail you may "Opt Out" by sending a written request to NVCinquiry@state.gov. This e-mail is sent by: The U.S. Department of State's National Visa Center, located at 32 Rochester Avenue, Portsmouth NH 03801. Please DO NOT REPLY to this e-mail.

This is the automated notification I get each time I have sent an email

Please be advised that, as of April 4th, 2008 our office revised our guidelines for communication between the national visa center and the public. We are now required to verify case specific information each time we receive an inquiry.

According to U.S. Law, the national visa center is only permitted to discuss details of a visa case with authorized representatives when provided with all of the following information.

NVC case number or CIS receipt number Petitioner's name and date of birth

Beneficiary's name and date of birth

your full name.

If you are the legal representative, and your G-28 Notice of Entry of Appearance as Attorney or Representative, is not on file at the NVC, please include a copy of your signed G-28 showing that you are the legal representative as well as the following information.

It then goes on and asks again for the NVC case number the name and address of the law firm, the address of the law firm.