Police certificate requirements

We were married in Beijing and my wife is Russian. Both of us have lived together in China for the past 5 years.

We requested the police certificate for her to cover those 5 years plus the 2 years she had been in China prior to that.

The problem is that when she picked up the certificate today, they informed her that the certificate is only for Beijing. They said that they can only issue police certs for Beijing.

My question is:

The 2 years my wife was in China before we met wasn't a continous 2 years. She went back home to Russia several times during that time. So her longest time in China during that 2 year span was about 6 months then she would leave and go back to Russia for a month and then return to China, sometimes on the same visa.
Will she need police certificates for those short time frames?
What is the minimum time legnth she needed to be in China each time to be required to produce a police certificate?

Thank you everyone a bunch.

We were married in Beijing and my wife is Russian. Both of us have lived together in China for the past 5 years.

We requested the police certificate for her to cover those 5 years plus the 2 years she had been in China prior to that.

The problem is that when she picked up the certificate today, they informed her that the certificate is only for Beijing. They said that they can only issue police certs for Beijing.

My question is:

The 2 years my wife was in China before we met wasn't a continous 2 years. She went back home to Russia several times during that time. So her longest time in China during that 2 year span was about 6 months then she would leave and go back to Russia for a month and then return to China, sometimes on the same visa.

Will she need police certificates for those short time frames?

What is the minimum time legnth she needed to be in China each time to be required to produce a police certificate?

Thank you everyone a bunch.

You're leaving out an important piece of information here - what does the certificate say?

Normally, a Chinese resident would go to her hukou (home registry) and get a certificate there, which would be good for all of China.

I don't remember someone posting about what a non-resident can expect, however.

The one cert for Beijing should be fine.

Police certs are only needed for periods of residency longer than a year, the periods that were less than a year wont need a cert.

The term ¡°police certificate¡± as used in this paragraph means a certification by appropriate police authorities stating what their records show concerning each applicant, including all arrests, the reasons for the arrests, and the disposition of each case of which there is a record. Police certificates are valid for one year. If specific questions arise regarding police certificates, please consult the consular office. Each applicant aged 16 years or older must submit a police certificate from (1) the police authorities of each locality of the country of the applicant¡¯s nationality, (2) current residence where the applicant had resided for at least six months since attaining the age of sixteen, (3) from all countries where the applicant has resided for at least one year, and (4) from the police authorities of any place where the applicant has been arrested for any reason, regardless of how long he or she lived there. (Some applicants will submit multiple certificates and some only one depending on his or her situation.) Police certificates must cover the entire period of the applicant¡¯s residence in any area. A certificate issued by the police authorities where applicants now reside must be of recent date when presented to the consular officer.
http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/up...m169-May_09.pdf

Since she is not a citizen of China the above 1 year residence clause applies.

As for Russia, it is a min of 6 months in one place, because that is her country of nationality.