June 8th interview (white)

I've been down this same road too (as many of us have). My K1 was denied then got married and filed an I-130 (CR1). My wife interview was today and she got pink. The things I did prior to the interview may have helped. I first attended ACH and talked to a VO and asked for the interview in mandarin. He said all VO can speak fluent mandarin so that should not be a problem. Then he suggested I should write an evolution letter which I did (it was in a Timeline format). Also, I had my wife take my passport with her for the interview. VO looked at my passport twice during the interview.

Yes, file an I-130 and op for electronic processing at NVC. My whole process start to interview date was 4 months.

Boy this whole communication thing totally confuses me. If they allow a person to choose an interview in mandarin, I do not see why they would fault anyone for at least attempting to answer in English. There seems to be no standards for accept or reject when it comes to language.

Our VO made a huge deal of the communcation thing. At least my wife tried to answer the best she could in English. I would think they would treat everyone the same. Start in English ALWAYS, then switch to mandarin if they are not happy with the spoken English.

The attorney that filed our applications told me to request an English speaking VO. I think this totally screwed us. We got Blue first time around, and were requested for 6 additional documents for overcome, including communication, evolution of relationship, and relationship to her ex-husband and to her own son.

Best of luck to you,

Ning and Jim...

I've been down this same road too (as many of us have). My K1 was denied then got married and filed an I-130 (CR1). My wife interview was today and she got pink. The things I did prior to the interview may have helped. I first attended ACH and talked to a VO and asked for the interview in mandarin. He said all VO can speak fluent mandarin so that should not be a problem. Then he suggested I should write an evolution letter which I did (it was in a Timeline format). Also, I had my wife take my passport with her for the interview. VO looked at my passport twice during the interview.

Yes, file an I-130 and op for electronic processing at NVC. My whole process start to interview date was 4 months.

Congratulations for your pink.

My K-1 was denied in Sep. 2008. We hope we'll have the CR-1 interview in August.

Did you complele the evolution letter in hand writing?

Does it need to be notarized?

What else do we need to pay attention to prepare the interview?

Thanks.

Mei

Congratulations for your pink.

My K-1 was denied in Sep. 2008. We hope we'll have the CR-1 interview in August.

Did you complele the evolution letter in hand writing?

Does it need to be notarized?

What else do we need to pay attention to prepare the interview?

Thanks.

Mei

I don't know if the evolution of relationship letter ,needs to be notarised or not.but i got mine notarized at the ACS,(I typed mine) and they do read it,they found a mistake on mine,(i did it as a timeline).i had one of the dates wrong....they asked if i meant to put that date...i said NO !!! they had me change it and inital it.So,if your in Guz for the interview,go to the ACS(make an appointment),and get it notarized....

jimi