Going back for visit

After reading the thread"Passport name change". I already booked my plane ticjets in my wifes married name. We do not have our greencard yet but we are using the traveling document. Will this be a major problem? Im actually waiting on hold right now to try and change the plane ticket name to her passport but if I can get an answer I would gladly hang up on this long long wait on the phone : ).

When I bought a one-way ticket to the US for my wife I transposed two letters in her last name. The airline said in that case it should not be a problem but I went ahead and canceled the ticket and bought her a new one. It cost a couple hundred to do that but it was worth it to be sure that there would not be any problems.

You may not have any problems leaving the US but you may when you return. Why take the chance?

Ok, I just got off the phone after a very long wait and the airline wont change it!. They said just bring the marriage certificate and we should be fine. is this true? I guess i have no choice now.

They are the only people who could give you any grief. Why not do exactly what they suggest?