Got a question about I-129F expiration date?

Approval notices are always valid for 4 months. Mine was valid from February 27, 2003 to June 27, 2003. Of course, that has come and gone some time ago. I once asked NVC about it and was told they would not be bound by time constraints set forth by BCIS. That the security/name checks will take whatever time they take regardless of what's posted on the NOA from BCIS. I was also told that the U.S. Consulate in GZ has the authority to extend that date. The extensions are always done in 4 month increments. Given the long immigration process it does seem that BCIS would post a more realistic approval date range on its NOA's, doesn't it.

Given the long immigration process it does seem that BCIS would post a more realistic approval date range on its NOA's, doesn't it.

Personally I would vote for more realistic processing times, and leaving the approval date range the same!!!!!

:angry:

I think my approval is going to expire soon too, but I have decided to just ignore it. I assume that Moscow will finish their stuff and schedule the interview when they are ready. ;)

----- Clifford ------

GZ automatically extends the approval date when they receive your case. Often they do not get the cases until well beyond the expiration date of four months. Don't sweat it. In our case our interview was over two months past the expiration date and we didn't get the visa for seven months after that. We were a total of nine months past expiration. Ah, the old Black Hole days.... :angry:

I asked about that too. My wife's K3 expired in March 2003, so I also thought she'd be here by then! What a sorry assumption that was!

they told me the expiration date is just standard and used in case someone like us changed their mind. they said it is not an indication of when GZ will be finished with anything.

John