AOS applications accepted

Hi Everyone and Missingyou

Well, I checked the old checking account this morning and I was happy that the checks were Cashed............. :redblob: :P :P :redblob:

Happy.....well maybe half happy... :P :P :P

This is a relief (I hope) since applications that have had trouble were sent back without cashing the check...What do you Guys think??

The only thing I can think of ..would be an RFE for TB skin test,,since I am not sure that the Civil Surgeon was completely correct about section 2............ :D :greenblob: :greenblob: :D

I am guessing that since the checks were cashed that all the applications were accepted....would this be correct???

For Ling it was only the AOS (I-485).

For the boys it was the I-485 and I-130's.

So what happens next??

I know about the bionumeric's and this would be set for Ling in Charlotte, NC.

The boys are 13 years old and I am assuming that they won't be finger printed, however, their birthday is July 24th and they will be 14 years old ..so they are getting close to the 14 to 79 range.

What I am curious about ....will Charlotte, NC handle the AOS applications or are the applications sent some where else???

****Missingyou,,,,My checks were cashed,,,so yours should be soon too.......... :D :D :D

Tom and Ling

AOS tends to be handled at NBC (MSC), they either decide an interview is needed or they send it to CSC for processing and perhaps approval without interview.

IF interview is decided by MSC or CSC, then it gets held by MSC until the field office is ready to do the interview.

Yes if an interview is needed then Charlotte, NC will be the place, Charlotte is a Field Office.

AOS tends to be handled at NBC (MSC), they either decide an interview is needed or they send it to CSC for processing and perhaps approval without interview.

IF interview is decided by MSC or CSC, then it gets held by MSC until the field office is ready to do the interview.

Yes if an interview is needed then Charlotte, NC will be the place, Charlotte is a Field Office.

Hi dnoblett,

I know Charlotte is the field office since I have dealt with them before for my 2nd wife and her children....... :greenblob:

What I was wondering about Charlotte is that they specifically say on their website that they handle I-485 and they list it as 4 months for completion. So,,from what you are saying is that "Field Offices do not handle I-485"s...is that correct??

What you are saying is that it doesn't go to Charlotte for processing..is that correct??

Any interview or finger printing, as you say, would have to be done in Charlotte although as I hear,,They also have a sub-station in Raleigh.

Tom and Ling

Hi dnoblett,

I know Charlotte is the field office since I have dealt with them before for my 2nd wife and her children....... :D

What I was wondering about Charlotte is that they specifically say on their website that they handle I-485 and they list it as 4 months for completion. So,,from what you are saying is that "Field Offices do not handle I-485"s...is that correct??

What you are saying is that it doesn't go to Charlotte for processing..is that correct??

Any interview or finger printing, as you say, would have to be done in Charlotte although as I hear,,They also have a sub-station in Raleigh.

Tom and Ling

They handle the I-485 IF an interview is required, if not then the service center (California) will handle it. No way to estimate processing time if it gets sent to CSC.

Hi dnoblett,

I know Charlotte is the field office since I have dealt with them before for my 2nd wife and her children....... :D

Tom and Ling

They handle the I-485 IF an interview is required, if not then the service center (California) will handle it. No way to estimate processing time if it gets sent to CSC.

Hi dnoblett,

Fair enough...... :D

Tom and Ling

Guest jin979

Hi dnoblett,

I know Charlotte is the field office since I have dealt with them before for my 2nd wife and her children....... B)

Tom and Ling

if you get interview as we did for first GC then no interview for 10 year one too ? if no interview for first then for removal of conditions more likely ?

Hi Missingyou and All,

Received all I-797C's for Ling and the boys on 6-6-09......... :D

By filling out the G28's ...I got a copy of each I-767C as well

as each family member got theirs,,if I had know this ........ :D :D

As it is...we will see how long the filing's will take to get approved and the GC's received....... :D

also if there will be an interview or not........... :rolleyes: :( B)

I am hoping that there will be no RFE's on the TB skin test, but who knows and I will see.... ;) B) :D

Tom and Ling

good to know.

i know usics's chicago lockbox already recevied by AOS packet now per usps.com, but check has not cashed. i am guessing next week then hopefully P-1 will follow the week after.

i had front loaded them with a lot of documents, photos and a cover letter, so hopfully no REF too.

Hi Missingyou and All,

Received today (Monday 6-8-09) the appointment letters for Ling and the Boys

for Biometrics.

The appointments are for June 25, 2009.

These people must be working on weekends....... :o

It is interesting that the Biometrics will be in the Raleigh office, and not in the Charlotte office. Thank goodness they opened an USCIS in Raleigh. What is funny is that the building for Biometrics is in Durham.

So moving right along.......... :P

Missingyou, Have you received anything yet???

Tom and Ling

Hi Tom,

I just saw this post..........We have already been through this as a K-1. Our biometrics and interview was in the Raleigh office....which as you indicated is in rtp. The office is pretty new and very nice. They were not to crowded and the officers we dealt with were very nice and very helpful. The office is right by the intersection of Rt 40 and Miami blvd. It is back behind the hotel and very easy to find.

Good Luck!

Hi Missingyou and All,

for Biometrics.

These people must be working on weekends....... :o

It is interesting that the Biometrics will be in the Raleigh office, and not in the Charlotte office. Thank goodness they opened an USCIS in Raleigh. What is funny is that the building for Biometrics is in Durham.

So moving right along.......... :P

Tom and Ling

Thanks Corey........... :rolleyes: :D

Tom and Ling

Hi Tom,

I just saw this post..........We have already been through this as a K-1. Our biometrics and interview was in the Raleigh office....which as you indicated is in rtp. The office is pretty new and very nice. They were not to crowded and the officers we dealt with were very nice and very helpful. The office is right by the intersection of Rt 40 and Miami blvd. It is back behind the hotel and very easy to find.

Good Luck!

Hi Missingyou and All,

for Biometrics.

These people must be working on weekends....... :D

So moving right along.......... :D

Tom and Ling