Can P3 documents be downloaded and pre-sent

While you can download the P3 documents, it is very very rare for GZ to set up a provisional file before the information is entered into the system. Some consulates/embassies will do this, but GZ has a policy against provisional files.

I have no idea what would happen if you tried to send in the P3 documents in advance of receiving them from GZ - maybe nothing.

While you can download the P3 documents, it is very very rare for GZ to set up a provisional file before the information is entered into the system.  Some consulates/embassies will do this, but GZ has a policy against provisional files.

What's really sad is that they said they would open a provisional file for my case.. when I followed-up, they claimed they had no idea what I was talking about.

As far as GZ assigning its own GUZ number.. the popular consensus seems to be that they do assign a seperate number. I've no clue why, but that seems to be the case.

The problem is that the returned documents need the GZ assigned GUZ#. Unless you are lucky enough to get it over the phone before receiving P3, you won't have it. It would just confuse them (not a good thing).

I got my GUZ# over phone on Thursday, no problem. I called NVC and asked about the status of the name check. She said it cleared and here is your GUZ #.

That said, I would not expect GZ to do anything based on a case number at the moment.

There's a good deal of confusion about the GUZ#. When NVC gets the file from the service center, they assign a GUZ# for their purpose. It is something like GUZ2003dddnnn where ddd is greater than 366. When the file gets to GZ, they assign a new GUZ# where ddd is 366 or less. They are two different things; the NVC number means nothing to GZ except that it isn't theirs, and visa-versa. The only thing in common is they both start with GUZ, hence the confusion.

Thanks, I did not know that