A new K1/K3 Visa Timelines site

Hello everyone,

A fellow K1-er over on BritishExpats and myself have created a visa timeline database for K1 & K3 visas. We got to talking a few weeks ago about how hard it was to find NVC processing times (she just got out of NVC last week :)), and then drifted off to talking about the features we wanted to see in a timeline database, and now weeks later, here's the site!

http://kvisa.jerryliu.com

We tried to get good coverage of the different steps from NOA1 to visa issuance, so we added as many milestones as we could think of. The K1 and K3 process share some common steps, so we put the two in the same database to get more data points for these common areas. There are also some simple filtering mechanisms in place so you can effectively select entries using multiple keys instead of having to see everything.

We invite you to come by for a visit and add your timeline to the collection! We just started the site today so please be patient as we work the bugs out of the system.

At least all this time waiting for the consulate to move didn't *all* go to waste... :lol:

Jerry

Thanks, Don! We really appreciate this!

By the way, some of the BritishExpat members have pointed out, and I have noticed this morning, that the server is dropping some page requests. Either this is drawing more traffic than I expected or my provider has picked today to act up. So please be patient and just hit 'refresh' on the blank pages and eventually it'll reload. If it's still like this in a few hours, I'll move the site to a new provider...

Jerry

Thanks for the kind words. :angry: I'm pleasantly surprised at how fast the timelines have built up in just three days. It's also remarkable to me how we can generate such useful information from disparate pieces of data. I can't imagine trying to do this without the Internet.

Just another quick announcement. I've changed service providers for the site 'cause of performance (or lack thereof) reasons, and in the process we've gotten a domain name for the site too. So now it's available at http://www.k1k3.com. Page forwarding is in place at the old URL also.

Thanks,

Jerry

It seems if you are from a "white" country, such as England or Canada, you can get a visa really fast.  I suppose there are no terrorists from these countries.  Sad, but true.

John

Very interesting site indeed. I like the ability to compare different countries.

Actually, what is interesting about the site is looking at the stages that the application goes through.

BCIS -- Biggest determinant is WHICH BCIS office, not which country the person is from. Still can take 6 months for England or Canada.

MSC and VSC seems to have some of the quickest times, NSC seems to have some the worst....... Wonder which one I used? It makes me wish I had moved to another state.

NVC -- Varies somewhat, may be slightly shorter for England / Canada, although it could be a timing artifact of when the applications reached the NVC.

Embassy (P3) -- Whoa, I missed that one...... Some seem to leave the NVC, and have the P3 arrive the next day?????? Others get stuck a little longer...... This is one of the BIG steps that it makes a HUGE difference which country the person is actually in.

P4 & Interview --- Seems to normally take about 2 months for quite a few people. May vary slightly depending on the country.

----------------------

Hmmm, wonder where the "Pit" is in the other topic.

----------------------

One thing I am curious about is the progress of middle-Eastern applications.

One from Egypt shows similar progress to the Chinese applications, beginning in 7/23/2002 and ending 12/3/2003

However, the one from Lebonon, started 8/7/2002, and ended 3/6/2003 (7 months, awfully quick for immigration standards (but it also used the MSC service center, the steps at the Embassy seem similar to China and Russia)

2 applications from Pakistan are waiting for NVC, but cruised through BCIS (MSC), in about 2 weeks!!!!!

----- Clifford ------

Embassy (P3) --  Whoa, I missed that one......  Some seem to leave the NVC, and have the P3 arrive the next day??????   Others get stuck a little longer......  This is one of the BIG steps that it makes a HUGE difference which country the person is actually in.

Yes, tell me about it. <_< I see timelines which started around the same time I submitted the petition for Penny. They've gotten their visa already and I'm still waiting for the consulate to acknowledge they actually have the petition from NVC...

Such is life...

Jerry

By the way, I just added the PDF versions of the Guangzhou P3 that I got from Frank on K1k3. Is there a place on Candles to park files like that too? It'd be good to have multiple mirrors of these files. They're kind of useful for folks wanting to get an early start on the forms...

Jerry

Don't really have file space on candle. If you want to send them to me by email, I have some personal web space where I can store them and make them accessible from a link on candle.

Um, not really sure how to send you e-mail. I clicked on the e-mail button but then the e-mail form doesn't have a place for attachments. You can just grab it from http://www.k1k3.com/resources.php. There's only one downloadable file on that page so you can't miss it. :blink:

Jerry

Jerry, I'm going to unpin this now. There is a link to it in the Links and Resources folder. I also put it in the AAC Links section and just saw it posted on CUC. GOOD JOB!

Don, thanks for pinning the messages and spreading the word around. Today's the site's one week birthday and the database just went past 100 entries! A big thank-you to all who visited or added to the timelines! :P

I know what AAC is, but what is CUC? I don't think I've ever heard of them...

Jerry