Supporting your wife is OK and I supported Ling for 6 months at 600 USD per month and I reported it on question 11 on the I-134.

Tom and Ling

Wife is fine, fiancee is a different matter.

I-134 Question 11 has to do with specific contributions AFTER the NON-Immigrant enters the USA, I-134 is a multi purpose form, Question 11 has more to do with other NON-Immigrant visa types like Student and Visitor's visas, the sponsor can specify how much they are willing to provide to sponsor the student or visitor, in the case of K-Visas question 11 does not apply due to the permanent nature of a K-Visa, when they will be adjusting status.

Yes,,I know all this but I still answered that question with the support as well as in the EOR.

Tom and Ling

For a fiancee visa NO.

For a spousal visa like CR-1 or IR-1 then yes.

For a spousal visa like K3 then OK too............. :rolleyes: :P :D

Dan doesn't like to mention K3........ :P :P

Tom and Ling

As for K-3 I just point out the cons tend to out weigh the pros of the visa type.

It is an OPTION that was developed at a time when USCIS was taking in cases years to approve I-130 for spousal visas, the K-3 was meant to allow a couple to be together while waiting out the LONG approval process for I-130.

K-3 Pros,

• It may save a month or two wait time over the immigrant visa.
  • 2 Year validity, allows K-3 to remain out of the USA for up to 2 years and then come to the USA permanently, handy when US Citizen spouse is still working overseas.
  • Able to defer AOS or Interview for Spousal visa until close to 2 years of marriage or after 2 years of marriage, if Green-card is issued after 2 years of marriage, it will be the 10 year un-conditional type, avoiding having to file an I-751 2 years down the road.

K-3 Cons,

• Unable to get SSN until they have EAD or Green-card, complicating some things like being added to medical insurance, or bank accounts.
  • In most states, unable to get driver's license or state ID until they have EAD and SSN.
  • Added expense of AOS $800+
  • Cannot take a job until they have EAD or Green-card.
  • May be treated as a NON-Resident if they attempt to go to a state run college.

For a fiancee visa NO.

For a spousal visa like CR-1 or IR-1 then yes.

For a spousal visa like K3 then OK too............. :rolleyes: :P :D

Dan doesn't like to mention K3........ :P :P

Tom and Ling

As for K-3 I just point out the cons tend to out weigh the pros of the visa type.

It is an OPTION that was developed at a time when USCIS was taking in cases years to approve I-130 for spousal visas, the K-3 was meant to allow a couple to be together while waiting out the LONG approval process for I-130.

K-3 Pros,

• It may save a month or two wait time over the immigrant visa.
  • 2 Year validity, allows K-3 to remain out of the USA for up to 2 years and then come to the USA permanently, handy when US Citizen spouse is still working overseas.
  • Able to defer AOS or Interview for Spousal visa until close to 2 years of marriage or after 2 years of marriage, if Green-card is issued after 2 years of marriage, it will be the 10 year un-conditional type, avoiding having to file an I-751 2 years down the road.

K-3 Cons,

• Unable to get SSN until they have EAD or Green-card, complicating some things like being added to medical insurance, or bank accounts.
  • In most states, unable to get driver's license or state ID until they have EAD and SSN.
  • Added expense of AOS $800+
  • Cannot take a job until they have EAD or Green-card.
  • May be treated as a NON-Resident if they attempt to go to a state run college.

Dan....some of us are willing to pay extra to get our wife over here faster..and until recently the K3 was a lot faster than the CR1.

My wife was over in the US after only 7 and a half months.

CR1 and electronic processing was not available to us..and we will see if electronic processing cuts the time to 7 months.

As far as EAD we applied for that when Ling enter the country and got her EAD and SS# in only 1 and a half months ...not the 3 months take is flown around here....but I had to pay for it and was happy to do it...... :P :P

Tom and Ling