member case denied - DavidLuo

Guest jin979

i will add that alot is about how your fiancee/wife/husband presents them selves at the interview.

1.relaxct

2. well dressed(nice dress, no jeans) it is business meeting right

3. friendly (win them over)

4.prepared (she knows all documents, hisory etc)

it is USC responsibilty to make sure all documents are good, complete and she is ready. crazy if you send her there not ready. crazy if you not there

After all this is your future together, correct. if you are lazy then maybe you get denied then be ready to spend the $$$$$$$$ to overcome, if possible.

sorry to say this but since being on CFL i have seen so many USC's who are lazy in doing whats needed

Edited by jin979 (see edit history)
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did'nt have any problems with it. I didn't even have Candle as a source of guidence.

My experience is that the relationship has to be true, on the "up & up", or to put it in a more technical term, the relationship has to be bona fide.

Shams aren't going to work. They are on the look-out for that and USC's should be grateful for that, if in fact, it was a sham. But for it to work, a relationship has to be true and a true relationship takes time. Rushing into the visa process after only two months of meeting isnt going to work, they look out for that also. If a couple wants it to work than the couple needs to take their time. Don't rush it!

I did'nt have any problems with it. I didn't even have Candle as a source of guidence.

My experience is that the relationship has to be true, on the "up & up", or to put it in a more technical term, the relationship has to be bona fide.

Shams aren't going to work. They are on the look-out for that and USC's should be grateful for that, if in fact, it was a sham. But for it to work, a relationship has to be true and a true relationship takes time. Rushing into the visa process after only two months of meeting isnt going to work, they look out for that also. If a couple wants it to work than the couple needs to take their time. Don't rush it!

let's look at this philosophically for a minute, just to play the devil's advocate:

If lady YIN is on the internet, looking and hoping to meet man YANG from the US.. Yin meets Yang and they start down that yellow brick road to GUZ... which one of the two below was her first thought?

- To go to the US

- To have a relationship with Yang

It's very obvious that the decision to get on the internet comes with some agenda; and it's not just for a relationship as most might want to insist; how can you separate out relationship from where the relationship will live together.

Another philosophical question:

Can the relationship between the man and woman be true and valid in terms of love and feelings and hope for a future... but the reasons/intention she sought a loving relationship was to gain the benefits of living in another country?

TO me, this is the difficult balancing act that a consulate is evaluating, particuarly much more in some sensitive countries...

Two people can love each other, but it is ruled as 'not a bonafide relationship'... This doesn't mean that the two do not love each other; I dont' think Guz wants to play Dr. Phil... But there is a relationship to the government policies (immigration law) which are being weighed as well...

I have spent the majority of my life looking to marry ONE woman.

So David, I am going to put a twist on your thought. Again, times are changing and if America doesn't catch up we may fall behind. Maybe fall behind China......but I am not here to talk politics and government policies.

My fiancee has 3 girlfriends, who are all married to foreigners, Australia, England and here. All 3 women do not wish to leave China. And one husband is actually now moving to China from England....but they appreciate how their husbands treat them.....and stay often.

But I could spend days talking about what I have observed and learned here and now learning in China....

The old position, which is still valid is another agenda, which the number one could be, moving to a better place like here. From what I learned talking to hundreds of Chinese women in China and here that maybe no longer the case.......

My fiancee and I have repeatedly talked about living half our lives in China, when I retire. If I can afford it, I certainly would.

My experience has shown me another side.......and I am not trying to generalize or in any way point a finger at the Chinese culture especially between man and woman..........

BUT I do not wish to sugar coat it either......simply Chinese women in their mid-thirties and older are not as desired by both younger and older Chinese men......

Try hard to find a kind and beautiful woman here in her mid-thirties that has never been married and has had no children.........

I started talking to over 300, got down to 84 in a week, then 15 in 3 weeks and then 7 that remained until the end.

I cannot tell you how close I was to giving up the idea of ever finding a woman that I wished to marry......

As I mentioned, I met 3. Anyone of which and not pointing a finger were better than anyone I had been with here.

In all my life, no woman has ever treated me like I was treated in China.

Simply though 2 were looking for a good man to marry and although having feelings for me, I could feel and see that they enjoyed being with me more than truly being in love with me.

The woman, I am praying to spend the rest of my life with here, is simply the woman of my dreams. And as I mentioned in my evolution letter, I have never looked for her. Just a woman to be happily married to and be it fate or God's hand, I am simply grateful that I have found the woman of my dreams....

So if you want to use the word agenda, it can probably go both ways, but I would like to think and pray that is still 2 people looking to find each other for love and a brighter future.....

In the last few years, I used the internet here also with no success.

So I am grateful that the internet has opened the world to us and some of us are fortunate to find real love despite differences in languages and cultures....

From my experiences, these obstacles have made us grow even closer and stronger.

That is why when I first read this post, my initial reaction was a little bit of anger. And I do not anger easily. DavidLuo, a man I will never meet or know his full story, but married to a Chinese woman and is about to lose her and is wondering if and how he should take action....

The concerns of the state are clearly stated for him to address. What is he waiting for........them to change their decision without his direct input.......it seems the State has been waiting a long time for any challenge to the state's findings.

Personally, I would send them supporting evidence every single day until they finally told me to stop. And he is wondering to fight the revocation???????? Simply I am confused........

I don't disagree with your post.. I did suggest I was playing devil's advocate.

The word "agenda" usually causes some comment; and we've discussed here for many years that it goes both ways... but I was picking on one side only.

Of course, there are too many factors to consider to really know to what extend any agenda exists; and GUZ knows that too... I just think there is a misconception that if two people 'think' they are in love, they automatically deserve to get the visa. It's just not that easy...

And I agree with your point. Older ladies and/or those with children may find it very difficult to find a chinese man who wants them... but, due to gender gap issues, I wonder if that will turn around at some point in the future.

• 4 months later...
Guest Pommey

I suspect as China advances (economicaly/socially and politically) we may find that more Chinese women will want the man to move there.

Also I think as more and more Chinese get access to info on the USA the "streets of gold" perception is declining.

I am a new member, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that he better fight this with everything he has.......not TODAY, but even YESTERDAY.......any delay is not a good sign.......if he wishes her any chance of getting a visa.

This process many times is not like what you hear in a court of law.......innocent until proven guilty.

If you read the letter, it clearly states this. The petitioner has the BURDEN.......NOT the STATE....

I studied to be a lawyer before I decided to fly jets and be an engineer, so I do not claim any expertise, but a saying etched in stone at the Air Force Academy that I attended stated "That a man's flight in life is sustained by the power of his knowledge."

And I am just so grateful to CFL and the speed of my case (but I truly need to only visit and read for awhile), so one more thing to think about, since it runs along the same lines here of red flags.....

The guy ahead of me at ACH told me this and I met his beautiful fiancee in the coffee shop that he could buy her anything, but she always simply returned his gifts as too expensive....

Briefly his case and denial. His income over $100k from salary....

On his taxes he reported $110K. VO gave her non bona fide, since at the time of tax presentation and pay stubs, he had no paper trail of where the extra $10K came from....

So another red flag to them, income that in their eyes is not easily explained......

Best of luck to us all.......

you got me a little worried now, I sent my wife over 10k it all came out of my checking account most of it came from a second job but some was transfered over to my checking from a CD that took me about 20 years to save for and I can only provide records of my savings back to about 5 years.

When my mom passed away in 2006 a few months before I met Tran my dad gave me and my brothers each a check for 5k from my moms life insurance policy. He collected her SS money until he turned 62 it was a little over 3K a year so each of the last 3 years each of my brothers and me got a check for about 1250. Should I get an affidavid from my dad stating that was money he paid to us from my moms SS money and her life insurance?

The one issue is: Any evidence submitted may be asked for further proof of it.

Second issue is: documents should agree or else have some evidence as to why they are not.

Whatever you put on your taxes, just have proof of it. The IRS could ask just as easily.

If two documents don't agree, have proof of why.

If all documents agree (ie: an employment letter agrees with the taxes), then most likely they never ask anything further. Usually they only ask for one document, the Affidavit of support; maybe due to his income, they asked for more and the next document did not agree.