Anyone know of a quiet mountain resort area?

Guest jin979

>>I second this (and all the other posts) about Li Jiang. Very nice. We will go back.<<

Is Li Jiang near Kunming? Please tell me more. ZZ

8 hours by bus take a day in Dali on the trip very nice too.

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone here can give me suggestions for a beautiful quiet high mountain resort area where my wife and I can spend a belated honeymoon. I'm looking for some place with beautiful scenery, large enough to have a decent assortment of restaurants and some nightlife as well as daytime sightseeing opportunities. We are willing to travel to any area in China to experience this, but hoping some one has been somewhere that they can recommend highly.

All suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

Jeff

My wife and I really enjoyed Guizhou province. It's full of wonderful mountains and waterfalls, and set apart from the hustle bustle of the big cities. You can find several very reasonable tours and groups that travel from city to city, and location to location to take in some of the most majestic sites in C

By the way, I see this is your first post. Welcome to Candle!

Thanks, for the welcome and the recommendation. It sounds great, I'll look into it. I'm also on VJ, my wife lives in Hong Kong. Hard to info about immigrating for HK and was referred to this sight from someone on VJ. Glad to be here.

Thanks again.

That will be me! :rolleyes:

He he...Shout out to Dan for the great referall...

>>I second this (and all the other posts) about Li Jiang. Very nice. We will go back.<<

Is Li Jiang near Kunming? Please tell me more. ZZ

8 hours by bus take a day in Dali on the trip very nice too.

you can also fly from Kunming directly to Dali and than take bus from Dali to Lijiang. LiJiang has many nice sites and an old downtown area you can stay in.

Another nice area is Sichuan close to Emei Shan and Qincheng shan. There are some decent cities close to this area that has nice resorts outside the city and hotels inside city. I think Emei has huts along the way that you sleep at, if you want to hike overnight. The earthquake hit this area, but things are slowly getting easier to travel there.

I've never found any place that I'd describe as quiet in China; even at sunrise atop Emei Shan the cacophony that is China has begun. There is, however, a sort of quiet peacefulness in some of the truly rural areas. I'd imagine Yunnan would be a reasonable bet for that sort of atmosphere.