How much longer?

Aloha, Finally have web access on my land and hope to be more in touch with you all. Update: DNA test has been submitted, tested and the results returned to Guangzhou. My updated self employment documents and proof of ownership of land have been submitted for a couple of months. Sent Guangzhou e-mail requesting a status report on May 3rd and they replied that they had received the DNA results and that the visa request was on the waiting list. Does any one have any idea how long this waiting list is or any idea of how much longer before we will have some type of answer as to when the visa will be ready? I see by many people's timelines that they usually received their visa 3 to 4 weeks after submitting all requested information. Getting tired of all these waiting games. I am sure all of you have had these feelings at some time in this process so I apologize for any venting. Mahallo, Ed

I was curious to know why you had to submit a DNA. We got a blue slip partly because the consulate did not believe my wifes son was hers. They have requested photographs of her and son growing up but my wife does not have a lot of pictures. Were you in this same situation and requested DNA testing? I hope they believe our documents and do not put us though this type of testing.

After my wife sent her document in to the consulate it took about a month to get her interview. I have heard similar times from other people as well.

Best of luck and "BE PATIENT" !!!!

I was curious to know why you had to submit a DNA. We got a blue slip partly because the consulate did not believe my wifes son was hers. They have requested photographs of her and son growing up but my wife does not have a lot of pictures. Were you in this same situation and requested DNA testing? I hope they believe our documents and do not put us though this type of testing.

After my wife sent her document in to the consulate it took about a month to get her interview. I have heard similar times from other people as well.

Best of luck and "BE PATIENT" !!!!

Aloha nandj, When she got her blue slip at her interview one of the requests was for her and her son to have a DNA test. They also required more self employment information from me. I understand that they are requiring more and more DNA tests to establish parentage. It takes time and requires an additional $750.00 for the test. The actual test only took about one week to do and it must be done by a lab in the U.S. What takes the time is to get the sample done. They schedule a time where the fiancee and the child need to return to the consulate for a doctor at the consulate to take a sample. The doctor is only in 2 days a week. This requires another trip to Guangzhou which means another flight and a hotel room and food $$$$$. They have a back log of 2 to 3 months to have the DNA samples taken. Very frustrating for a sample test that requires ten minutes or less to do. They will only take the samples in Guangzhou.

I have heard that people are getting married so children can be brought into the U.S. I do not know how much truth to this there is but there are a whole lot more DNA tests being required.

Hopefully since they have not requested a DNA test yet they are not going to do so. My fiancee also had very few photos of her son growing up. I do not think that the consulate interviewers really realize how different the lives of our loved ones were living in China. My fiancee only has a childhood photo taken on her 100 day celebration. She said it is a Chinese custom to take your child's photo at that time. This is the only photo she has until she became an adult.

Good luck and Mahallo for your reply.

Actually this is huge scam in China: trying to get someone elses child into the US for a better education. I am sure this is why the concern for us both here. At the time my wife had her son I am not sure they could have afforded a camera. I do not think those people at the consulate understand these things though and are thinking of how things are here in the US. We are getting affidavits from her family and friends to testify they know her son is hers, along with a few photographs and school/medical records. I hope this will be enough. It can get expensive to keep going back to Guangzhou. The last trip for her interview set me back about $4000. I wonder if this is tax deductable???

I have some Chinese friends here that have told me of the different scams happening. They get fake divorces and remarry to get the kid here. This is why they want more information on my wifes ex-husband. Unfortunately this makes it more difficult to prove a legitimate relationship.

From what I have read from others on this site we must simply provide the information requested and wait and wait and wait for the results. I wish you the best of luck and a speedy and happy conclusion