P3 Finally Arrived! -- And a few questions

Hey Guys

We just got the P3 from Guangzhou yesterday (sent out from the NVC on February 27th) and I have some questions.

1. I assume we need translations of her birth certificate and police certificate. Is that right? Is it okay if I translate them (I have 2 years of Chinese-English translation experience).

2. Can I use two co-sponsors? Do I still need to fill out an I-134 if I have a co-sponsor?

3. When she goes for the interview, would it be helpful for her to have a copy of my acceptance letter for graduate school in the US?

Thanks in advance!

Guest Pommey

Hey Guys

We just got the P3 from Guangzhou yesterday (sent out from the NVC on February 27th) and I have some questions.

1. I assume we need translations of her birth certificate and police certificate. Is that right? Is it okay if I translate them (I have 2 years of Chinese-English translation experience). you can get nurmerous "originals" from the notary.

2. Can I use two co-sponsors? Do I still need to fill out an I-134 if I have a co-sponsor? I-134 for each sponser and any co-sponsor

3. When she goes for the interview, would it be helpful for her to have a copy of my acceptance letter for graduate school in the US?

in her kitchen sink sure

Thanks in advance!

Hey Guys

1. I assume we need translations of her birth certificate and police certificate. Is that right? Is it okay if I translate them (I have 2 years of Chinese-English translation experience). you can get nurmerous "originals" from the notary.

2. Can I use two co-sponsors? Do I still need to fill out an I-134 if I have a co-sponsor? I-134 for each sponser and any co-sponsor

in her kitchen sink sure

Thanks in advance!

Thanks Pommey! Do we send the I-134s with the P3 or is it just the two forms (DS-230 and OF-169). The instructions on the OF-169 seem a little unclear in this regard, and we don't want to leave anything out.

Thanks Pommey! Do we send the I-134s with the P3 or is it just the two forms (DS-230 and OF-169). The instructions on the OF-169 seem a little unclear in this regard, and we don't want to leave anything out.

We just sent our P3 back yesterday. The only thing you send is the OF-169 (the checklist), the DS-230, and the EMS label. Save everything else for the interview.

After your fiancee mails in her OF 169, the EMS slip, and the DS 230 Part 1, there is a whole bunch of paperwork that you will need to obtain (tax returns, proof of address, proof of employment, etc.)

Check out this link for more info:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...hl=kitchen+sink

Hey Guys

1. I assume we need translations of her birth certificate and police certificate. Is that right? Is it okay if I translate them (I have 2 years of Chinese-English translation experience).

2. Can I use two co-sponsors? Do I still need to fill out an I-134 if I have a co-sponsor?

Thanks in advance!

• 3 weeks later...

After your fiancee mails in her OF 169, the EMS slip, and the DS 230 Part 1, there is a whole bunch of paperwork that you will need to obtain (tax returns, proof of address, proof of employment, etc.)

Check out this link for more info:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...hl=kitchen+sink

Hey, sorry for the late reply. I'm applying for a K-1 visa, so I assume not all the information in the thread you linked to is relevant? I don't think I need to prove residence in the US. I have a copy of my tax returns for last year, and the proof of employment will be easy enough to obtain since I work for a university in China. I already have Affidavits of Support from two co-sponsors as well.