Ni had to work today, then she got on the bus from work to the hotel. When she got to my room, she was rocking the sexy librarian look: hair pulled back, glasses and pantsuit. I liked it very much and told her so.

We went to the vegan restaurant in that weird mall like space across the street from the Starbuck's. Mostly it was OK, but kind of flavorless. Except for the stir-fried cauliflower with flower-pepper sauce. That stuff sort of numbed the tongue and put it on fire at the same time, neither Ni or I cared very much for it.

Then we went to a massage place and got worked over from head to toe at the same time in the same room. Neat! I fell asleep a couple of times, got ticklish a couple times, watched TV some. We ordered the usual + chinese medicine foot massage, it went on for 90 minutes or so, and I liked that the woman working me over really put her weight into it. Overall she did a good job, I just wished she'd slow down in certain places so I could work with her and give her a nice exhale. The nice thing was looking over and seeing Ni all relaxed and happy.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember my first massage in China. The woman couldn't have weighed more than 90 lbs but she really worked me over.

If you want to post some pictures you could resize them and load them in the gallery or just go to http://www.tinypic.com/ , upload them there, right click on the photo, select the properties tab. Copy the URL and post that link with the insert image tab (the little green tree). Tiny pic will automatically resize the photo so you could save that image into your computer to post in the gallery as well.

Guest jin979

I remember my first massage in China. The woman couldn't have weighed more than 90 lbs but she really worked me over.

If you want to post some pictures you could resize them and load them in the gallery or just go to http://www.tinypic.com/ , upload them there, right click on the photo, select the properties tab. Copy the URL and post that link with the insert image tab (the little green tree). Tiny pic will automatically resize the photo so you could save that image into your computer to post in the gallery as well.

post your pics Carl ;)

Then we went to a massage place and got worked over from head to toe at the same time in the same room. Neat! I fell asleep a couple of times, got ticklish a couple times, watched TV some. We ordered the usual + chinese medicine foot massage, it went on for 90 minutes or so, and I liked that the woman working me over really put her weight into it. Overall she did a good job, I just wished she'd slow down in certain places so I could work with her and give her a nice exhale. The nice thing was looking over and seeing Ni all relaxed and happy.

Damn I need a foot massage right now. My ankle is killing me. This was a favorite activity of ours in Shenzhen and traveling. Good thing your girl was there to keep an eye on you! :) Ying actually shooed off a hot massage girl away from working on me once. :unsure:

Sounds like you are having a blast, Christopher. Make sure to get several pictures of Ni and yourself at all the places you go ... if its possible that is. Also, try to have them be as candid as possible, you know the two of you laughing together, things like that. I envy you your experiences right now. When you get back you wont stop talking about it for 3 months ;)

Guest ShaQuaNew

PS. I am told that if one person on the plane has flu symptoms, everyone on the plane will be stuck in a nice hotel until they either rule out type A-HIN1 or some period of time passes.

Yes, this is absolutely true. In today's news in China, an airplane returning to China from the US, was filled with Chinese students. One of the students showed flu symptoms, and all the passengers and crew are now quarantined.

Ni had to work today, then she got on the bus from work to the hotel. When she got to my room, she was rocking the sexy librarian look: hair pulled back, glasses and pantsuit. I liked it very much and told her so.

We went to the vegan restaurant in that weird mall like space across the street from the Starbuck's. Mostly it was OK, but kind of flavorless. Except for the stir-fried cauliflower with flower-pepper sauce. That stuff sort of numbed the tongue and put it on fire at the same time, neither Ni or I cared very much for it.

Too funny that you are talking about ur massage more than anything ;)

Too funny that you are talking about ur massage more than anything :D

Mikey - that's 90 minutes of real massage, without an org@sm - don't cha miss it?

If you'd care to drive a bit, you can find the same setup in the DFW area.

Guest ShaQuaNew

Massage is very popular in China, but it's quite different here. The nicer places really cater to couples and groups. Large rooms where everyone is together, in nice chairs, fruit and food to eat, juice and tea to drink. All this while someone is working your every muscle. My wife and I go often together. She asks for a cute young boy, and I ask for a pretty girl. It's good fun.

Be sure to let us know about your travels and experiences about town. It's really nice to hear.

Guest ShaQuaNew

Massage is very popular in China, but it's quite different from what you see in America. The nicer places really cater to couples and groups. Large rooms where everyone is together, in nice chairs, fruit and food to eat, juice and tea to drink. All this while someone is working your every muscle. My wife and I go often together. She asks for a cute young boy, and I ask for a pretty girl. It's good fun.

Be sure to let us know about your travels and experiences about town. It's really nice to hear.

Guest Pommey

Never been to Chengdu but by reading others accounts seems like a fun place to visit (not so sure about the vegan bit though). keep us posted. :D

After breakfast I went on my Starbuck's run. I see more westerners at the Starbucks than anywhere else. For me, when a westerner comes into view, my "what's wrong with this picture" reflex springs into action. It's natural for my eyes to be drawn to them, but I think it's funny the way they are staring fixedly ahead instead of making "yeah, I see you white boy" body language. It's not like anyone is mistaking them for natives. :lol:

On the way back snapped some pix of street scenes. There was a skinny little girl pushing pamphlets into girls hands, I liked her sparkle and attitude. She finally got in the swing of things and started using natural choke points in the side walk made by garbage cans, trees and signs to force her targets into walking single file and going for eye contact on her approach and started disposing of her pamphlets pretty quickly.

To the left as I go out the hotel door there is an "Entertainment District" with shops and restaurants. Also a temple to go check out. I will spend a few hours this afternoon there.

Christopher

Guest ShaQuaNew

After breakfast I went on my Starbuck's run. I see more westerners at the Starbucks than anywhere else. For me, when a westerner comes into view, my "what's wrong with this picture" reflex springs into action. It's natural for my eyes to be drawn to them, but I think it's funny the way they are staring fixedly ahead instead of making "yeah, I see you white boy" body language. It's not like anyone is mistaking them for natives. :lol:

On the way back snapped some pix of street scenes. There was a skinny little girl pushing pamphlets into girls hands, I liked her sparkle and attitude. She finally got in the swing of things and started using natural choke points in the side walk made by garbage cans, trees and signs to force her targets into walking single file and going for eye contact on her approach and started disposing of her pamphlets pretty quickly.

To the left as I go out the hotel door there is an "Entertainment District" with shops and restaurants. Also a temple to go check out. I will spend a few hours this afternoon there.

Christopher

Too funny! Yes, there seems to be something amongst Westerners that makes them think if they stare ahead and not make eye contact, that you won't see them. China is one of the few places in the world we can go and feel like we're unique. That all gets spoiled when another Lao Wai shows up; then, were not as special anymore.... :lol:

I've really enjoyed meeting Westerners in China, but literally had to step in front of two members of my community that I had passed several times, just to say hello and introduce myself. People loosen up when you talk to them.

Seems no matter where you go in China, there are people handing out some sort of pamphlet, for a sale, or bargain somewhere. All are usually found on the ground or waste cans. Keep the udates coming....enjoy...

I miss the instant coffee from 7-11 over there- NOT :unsure:

Actually, next time I come over here I'm bringing my own coffee, a French press and a hundred or so Splenda. Then I just need to score some 1/2 and 1/2. Maybe if I am really lucky I can find some unhomogenized whole milk and skim off the cream (yum!).

Ni has an office meeting to go to tonight at 6:00 pm so I am going to go down and ask the front desk to help me order some noodles with chicken and veggies from the place next door.

Something else that struck me when I went to the Starbucks was seeing about 30 skinny guys with outlandish hair lined up in 3 rows infront of a hair salon with a manager reading to them from a piece of paper. I didn't have my camera out, I just hope I see it again tomorrow.

One other thing that impresses me are the old people here. There are more of them out and about, and they are quite beautiful in a way I don't notice in the USA, having immense dignity, but on the other hand you see a spark of humor too.

I see a lot of female laborers. This morning I snapped a pic of some women shoveling concrete, and I see the occasional woman porter as well. I think in the last 2 decades I've seen exactly one woman working construction in the US, and she was a skilled worker swinging a hammer.