Hello everyone, I just want to apologize to everyone who is still patiently waiting for their loved ones to join them. However, we have our first AOS interview on 11/3/03, in Boston, MA and I was just wondering what to expect, what should I bring, besides the obvious.

Would appreciate any insight from anyone who who has had their AOS interview recently??

Guest Long_strider

This morning we went to BCIS for the initial AOS interview. (Oregon)

Arrived in US 6/26 on K-1

Married 7/4

Filed for AOS in 7/03.

AOS interview 10/22

We were sent a letter regarding the date and time and the request to bring all immigration paperwork

We arrived about 7:00 am. Waited in line for 30 minutes outside. Then waited in the waiting room for about 35 minutes.

The BCIS rep called us into the interview room. Asked us to raise our right hands and swear we would tell the truth to his questions.

He asked for ID for both of us including her Passport, EAD card, SSN card and AP paperwork. He also asked for my driver's license.

He asked about any change of address.

He asked when she entered the country.

asked if she had been outside of the US since entering

asked if she was a member of any political party or terrorist group

asked if she had voted while in the US.

asked if she had committed any crimes while in the US

He asked me my ssn

asked me my place of employment and wages

asked how many people live in our home

He then reviewed some papers and wrote some things in red ink!!

The he took the EAD card

he took the AP original paperwork

he took the original sealed vaccination form signed by the civil surgeon

He updated in the computer our new address ( we had already sent in a change of address, but it had not been entered in the system yet.)

He then toke out a form for her Green Card, attached a picture of her. He asked her to take a single finger print and said that this along with her picture would be on the card.

He had us sign a form stating that he had informed us when we would need to apply for the permanent status (two years from the date of entry). There is a 90 day window to apply. If you do not apply during that time, then you can be deported. He was most emphatic that we apply within those timelines.

He gave us a copy of this notice

He put a stamp, some handwritten numbers in her passport to indicate that she now has permanent, conditional status. This replaces the EAD card and the AP papers. (We liked the EAD card because it was a useful picture ID, but he took them back)

I asked when we would receive the Green Card, in six months?. He said that we would likely receive it must sooner, because the processing of green cards has been relatively quickly in recent weeks. The green card will be issued out of our service center, in this case Nebraska.

He asked if we wished to submit any evidence of our relationship at that time. We gave him a copy of a check with both our names on it ( a refund from the title company).

We asked about an interview in two years. He said that sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. He said it depends upon the evidence that we submit in two years. What kind of evidence? He said, mortage papers in both our names, bills (utilities, etc) in both our names, bank accounts in both our names, joint tax returns, etc. I had pictures of our wedding, but he wasn't interested in looking at or keeping these.

Seems like all the BCIS offices have their own way of doing things and their own speed. Some are slow and some are slower. We were very surprised as how quickly things went. Yuqing was concered because we had spent so much money on the AP/EAD Cards and never used them for travel or employment.

Hello everyone, I just want to apologize to everyone who is still patiently waiting for their loved ones to join them.  However, we have our first AOS interview on 11/3/03, in Boston, MA

There is no need to apologize. Can't expect everybody to be on the same timeline, now, can we ? Or even go by the same ( what ought to be ) FEDERAL service standard... ( read BCIS ) :o

Knock'em dead ...

Hi Sandy, I am sure  you are looking forward to seeing Lili & Kate, what about me???

You know that wonderful, kind, and considerate guy who came with you and Lili, from Shanghai, to be sure both you and Lili got here to the US and through customs and Immigration OK!!!!

:D    B)

hi, Bob,

Of course it's includes you, i only mentioned Lili's name because i know you two will be together, yeah, will never forget that poor Bob has to take care of lili's and my heavy suitcase also............ :rolleyes: :blink: :lol: :lol:

Sandy

Hi Bob , just wishing you and lily good luck at the interview , i dont really think they would question everything that closely---just my personal opinion , it was nice meeting you in boston when we went in for fingerprints.

Please keep everyone informed on what papers they asked for and how the process went.-------good luck--Dave and Terri :o