Can you give some advise

Guest xiaoxiao

Guest xiaoxiao

I arrived US with K1 visa but the marriage did not take place due to some reasons (I do not want to specify). I have been stayed in US about for about one and half month and I come back to China. In the San Francisco airport, I returened I-94 form (departure record) to the airlines based on the instruction of I-94 but I was told by airlines that they do not need this and asked myself to keep it. So I contact Guangzhou Consulate 2 weeks ago but GZ asked me to contact CIS directly and they can not provide any info. about CIS. This make me headache. I really want to return I-94, what shall I do? Does anybody know the URL or telephone # of California CIS? I want to return I-94 and the copy of my boarding card and inform CIS that I have legally left US. Do you have any suggestion what I should do? Thank you.

This is how it's supposed to work.

When you entred the US, the immigration officer produced an I-94 departure card for you. When you departed the US, this departure card is to be given to the airline, and the airline should return the card to BCIS.

It sounds like the airlines did not know what to do with the departure card. You might try contacting them as well as BCIS.

This is how it's supposed to work.

When you entred the US, the immigration officer produced an I-94 departure card for you.  When you departed the US, this departure card is to be given to the airline, and the airline should return the card to BCIS.  

It sounds like the airlines did not know what to do with the departure card.  You might try contacting them as well as BCIS.

Correct... Air-Whatever screwed up big time.. Contact the airline in writing... You'll have then a proof, next time you wish to enter the U.S.

Mailing the card or a copy to BCIS wouldn't hurt either.

Because as far as they are concerned, you never left the U.S, as no I-94 was returned ( U.S is the only country I know of that does not have EXIT passport control where you can later produce an EXIT passport stamp ( Except within the 15 European community countries that likewise have no exit formality between them, except for the Germans for some reasons.. Man, that Frankfurt airport is weird.. :o )

One of the big differences. In much of the world the passport is permission to leave the country. China is one of these. A way of controlling emmigration. For the USA, the passport is permission to enter the country unrestricted. A control of immigration. People want to get out of most countries and want to get into the USA.