NOA with AOS Interview Dates Received

I had not checked my PO Box for a few days, but when I did today, I found two NOA's for my wife and daughter's AOS, Notice to Appear for Interview, sitting in the box.

They were both dated May 7th, 2009 and the interviews are at the same time on a date in mid June.

There was no activity and I can not even yet open the files on my USCIS online portfolio. I have received no other correspondence since the notice of our biometrics appointment at the end of last month.

From the date of our first NOA, receipt of AOS files at the Chicago lock box facility, (4/2) until the date of these notices, (5/7) is only a span of about 5 weeks.

There has been no info or activity on the EAD. I guess they must feel that is a moot point, if the interview is in June, and GC's produced shortly thereafter?

Again, I am surprised by the speed of this action !!

Maybe it speaks to having followed the USCIS directions and fully front-loading both files, just like I did with our previous I-130 and I-129F; coupled with being married for well over two years now.

Anyway, get the interview completed and maybe, for the most part, the end of all of this? :)

Edited by rogerinca (see edit history)

I had not checked my PO Box for a few days, but when I did today, I found two NOA's for my wife and daughter's AOS, Notice to Appear for Interview, sitting in the box.

They were both dated May 7th, 2009 and the interviews are at the same time on a date in mid June.

There was no activity and I can not even yet open the files on my USCIS online portfolio. I have received no other correspondence since the notice of our biometrics appointment at the end of last month.

From the date of our first NOA, receipt of AOS files at the Chicago lock box facility, (4/2) until the date of these notices, (5/7) is only a span of about 5 weeks.

There has been no info or activity on the EAD. I guess they must feel that is a moot point, if the interview is in June, and GC's produced shortly thereafter?

Maybe it speaks to having followed the USCIS directions and fully front-loading both files, just like I did with our previous I-130 and I-129F; coupled with being married for well over two years now.

Anyway, get the interview completed and maybe, for the most part, the end of all of this? :)

Don't toot too hard until it's all over with, but yes, that's terrific!

Good luck at the interview and I'm sure we'll know.

Anyway, get the interview completed and maybe, for the most part, the end of all of this? :P

Don't toot too hard until it's all over with, but yes, that's terrific!

Good luck at the interview and I'm sure we'll know.

No "toots" in this thread Randy; however, it is exciting, having been at this for so long now !! ;)

I am just a little stunned at how fast this went, looking at the VJ stats !! I even thought there might have been an RFE over the medical exams and vacc's as my wife and daughter were in the transition period of the new rules and as we all know, sometimes they can get confused.

I was not expecting this, and was not even checking the mail frequently, of late. :)