How to Delay as Interview Date VS Child Exams in China...

We send in pur P-3 a few days ago and it now seems that it might be possible we could get a interview date that would conflict with My Fiancee's Sons school exams we think will be in July.

He is 17 in the 11 th grade, We are now trying to find out the exams dates from his school.

I do not want to hamper his China Schooling process in case we do not get pink or if he were to want to return to China after arriving to the U.S.

So I was wondering if I could be prepared to be able to ask the Consulate In GZ for a later date for an interview if need be and I would like to know the process for this..??????

Is calling/emailing the Consulate the thing to do or ????

What would be your thoughts on his need to exam on original date or just ask to take exams at later retake date?????

I did try to prevent this by having my fiancee to delay sending in the P-3 for 4 weeks but she could not wait and I did not have the heart to demand that she not send it in so fast knowing possible interview dates could conflict with his exams.. She is too excited to be with me so much...and get to the U.S. I just could not try to insist.... :wub:

Thanks Again to all responers... Mark.

I would wait and see if you need to, and then fax, email, or write them (DO NOT use the paid phone line) and TELL them what you need to do. They are very cooperative with something like this, but questions can fall into a black hole.

I would tell them you want to delay your son's interview (and give them an acceptable range of dates). It's best to NOT delay your fiance's date, if you don't need to

Then a follow-up email to tell them when you'll be there, and that you'd like the interview at that time.

One of you two MUST be there for the interview (hand your passport to him so the VO will know you're there)

Guest jin979

I would wait and see if you need to, and then fax, email, or write them (DO NOT use the paid phone line) and TELL them what you need to do. They are very cooperative with something like this, but questions can fall into a black hole.

I would tell them you want to delay your son's interview (and give them an acceptable range of dates). It's best to NOT delay your fiance's date, if you don't need to

Then a follow-up email to tell them when you'll be there, and that you'd like the interview at that time.

One of you two MUST be there for the interview (hand your passport to him so the VO will know you're there)

do not use the paid call line