A Concern.....Possible Govt Watch List

While waiting in limbo and much more reading and researching, another one of the red flags or basic ineligibilites, which I would think would be an obvious is "someone interested in the overthrow of the government."

When I read so many that are frustrated with the GUZ system and wish for some positive change, I often hear that thread from my younger brother about our political system. Sometimes even extremely. And he does not want to be one that sits back and wishes for change, so he frequently tells me of the letters he sends to Congress, the President, the Supreme Court, etc...

I love my younger brother very much, but I often do not share his views. And of course, not publicly. Any system can use improvement, but I would not be at all surprised if my younger brother is on government watch lists.....

With all the background checks and things, should I feel any concern? I would not know what to do if they have an issue with my younger brother. My record is spotless, so does immediate family play any part of this process????

Waiting is tougher than I have expected especially since I am generally very patient and we are now in the window of approval opportunity, but still no word......

While waiting in limbo and much more reading and researching, another one of the red flags or basic ineligibilites, which I would think would be an obvious is "someone interested in the overthrow of the government."

When I read so many that are frustrated with the GUZ system and wish for some positive change, I often hear that thread from my younger brother about our political system. Sometimes even extremely. And he does not want to be one that sits back and wishes for change, so he frequently tells me of the letters he sends to Congress, the President, the Supreme Court, etc...

I love my younger brother very much, but I often do not share his views. And of course, not publicly. Any system can use improvement, but I would not be at all surprised if my younger brother is on government watch lists.....

With all the background checks and things, should I feel any concern? I would not know what to do if they have an issue with my younger brother. My record is spotless, so does immediate family play any part of this process????

Waiting is tougher than I have expected especially since I am generally very patient and we are now in the window of approval opportunity, but still no word......

You are already a citizen, so this should not be a concern.

If your SO, on the other hand, is writing similar letter to Congress and the President, I would suggest that she stop immediately. :) :huh:

Seriously, the ineligibilities refer to someone applying for a visa, not for you or your brother.

Thanks a lot for that Randy........

I was not sure if it applied to the petitioner or the applicant or both...

Talking to my brother the other day, since he has vowed to never marry but is in full support of me marrying a Chinese lady, left a ringing sound in my head when he laughed about hoping the government does not know that we are brothers.

Mei should stop writing.......LOL......she knows so very little of our government. Just hope she gets a good experience at GUZ...

Guest ShaQuaNew

Talking to my brother the other day, since he has vowed to never marry but is in full support of me marrying a Chinese lady, left a ringing sound in my head when he laughed about hoping the government does not know that we are brothers.

Mei should stop writing.......LOL......she knows so very little of our government. Just hope she gets a good experience at GUZ...

I wouldn't worry about how your brother's overt displays will affect you. As long as you haven't personally broken any laws, then you will be fine.

I know that I'm on some sort of government watch list, that became clear after my first return from China. The customs agent looked at my passport and scanned it, then, with a puzzled look on his face began to read. He then directed me to follow him to a private room containing other customs agents and a few other unlucky souls like me. I asked if everything was okay, and they replied, don't worry, this will only take a few minutes. Nothing was ever said. One of the agents had my passport in hand and was reviewing something on-screen and out of my view. After about 20 or 30-minutes, he returned my passport and said I was free to go. This happens almost every time I return to the US these days. Hard to know why, but I've speculated that it may have something to do with my previous work in Top Secret US government programs. Or, it may be as simple as my name matching someone on a watch list.

I wouldn't worry about how your brother's overt displays will affect you. As long as you haven't personally broken any laws, then you will be fine.

I know that I'm on some sort of government watch list, that became clear after my first return from China. The customs agent looked at my passport and scanned it, then, with a puzzled look on his face began to read. He then directed me to follow him to a private room containing other customs agents and a few other unlucky souls like me. I asked if everything was okay, and they replied, don't worry, this will only take a few minutes. Nothing was ever said. One of the agents had my passport in hand and was reviewing something on-screen and out of my view. After about 20 or 30-minutes, he returned my passport and said I was free to go. This happens almost every time I return to the US these days. Hard to know why, but I've speculated that it may have something to do with my previous work in Top Secret US government programs. Or, it may be as simple as my name matching someone on a watch list.

Interesting. The same thing happens to me also everytime I return to USA. The last two custom agents told me that in the "old days" they could just make a note in the computer and pass me through but no they have no authority and i have to go to the back room. Here I have the same experience as you .. wait for 20-30 minutes and told everything is fine and I can go and have a nice day. When I ask them what is the problem and can I get this fixed so I do not have to do this each time they look at me like I just asked if I could be the President of the US.