i've got a few days for vacation time

MAYBE... it's cutting a bit fine.

Have her ASK , after the VO says 'here's yer approval' -

--is the namecheck complete?

--will you call me (pass a slip with the cell #) if there is ANY delay or problem?

--we must both leave on tuesday - are you SURE this will get into the EMS post system with enough time to pick up on MONDAY ?

Having a Thursday interview with a Tuesday jump day scares me, a bit.

Guest shutterbug

I need to report back to work on Wednesday (June 17), so if China's Tuesday is USA Monday, then I can leave on China's Wednesday and report back to work on USA Wednesday, correct? damn this is so confusing :(

No. If you leave on a Wednesday, you arrive on a Wednesday, more or less around the same time you left - depending on which coast you are on - but unless your departure time is VERY EARLY morning on Wednesday, forget about working that day :)

I need to report back to work on Wednesday (June 17), so if China's Tuesday is USA Monday, then I can leave on China's Wednesday and report back to work on USA Wednesday, correct? damn this is so confusing :(

No. If you leave on a Wednesday, you arrive on a Wednesday, more or less around the same time you left - depending on which coast you are on - but unless your departure time is VERY EARLY morning on Wednesday, forget about working that day :)

lol, ok i'll leave China on Tuesday, assuming everything goes as planned, should i get an itinerary setup to show the VO?

lol, ok i'll leave China on Tuesday, assuming everything goes as planned, should i get an itinerary setup to show the VO?

You can but I doubt he/she will care much if you make your flight or not.

I really hope this works out.....but you are painting yourself into a corner, in "blunt terms". I don't want to sound harsh or rude, but that plan is so fraught with things that "could go wrong" that it is problematic at best -- and a "disaster in the waiting" at worst.

If you try it...ensure that you get "refundable tickets" at least for her...if worse comes to worse you can fly....but it will be an emotional train wreck for both of you.

You may want to see if you can "slide the days...to favor the back side thus giving yourself a little more flexibility? Ask yourself what you are going to do on the front side....go to ACS and show your face there...good plan but you only need a hour or so the day before to make that happen. You can't influence much else in the process except from a "moral support" and "interview preparation" perspective at the front side.

Now having said all the negative, it could be that everything happens perfect at GUZ, she gets PINK, even with the weekend in the middle the VISA/ Passport shows up and you both fly on Tuesday....everything is perfect! But it might not go this way!!! One last question...what would you do if everything did work perfect and you both went to the airport on Tuesday...and the plane broke...and you couldn't get out untillllll WEDThurs, and back in the US until late WED/Thurs? Does your boss know why, where, and any particulars of your trip...and how "fragile" your schedule might be? This of course is a rhetorical question...just for you.

Best of Luck...I'm hoping this works out pefectly for you guys.

Edited by 2mike&jin (see edit history)

You can but I doubt he/she will care much if you make your flight or not.

right...

thanks for everybody's response..

our K1 interview was thursday also, the visa was available saturday afternoon you will have plenty of time

So my vacation time that i got is from June 8 - June 16, and interview is on June 11, do you guys think I have enough time? so that my fiancee can come back with me :rolleyes: if you look at my timeline i've got my trip planned until the interview day... :lol:

Hi HelloWorld08,

Do you work on the weekends???

Tom and Ling

So my vacation time that i got is from June 8 - June 16, and interview is on June 11, do you guys think I have enough time? so that my fiancee can come back with me :) if you look at my timeline i've got my trip planned until the interview day... :huh:

Hi HelloWorld08,

Tom and Ling

yea, on the week before i go, i work sunday-thursday, so this is why i could go a little early...

So my vacation time that i got is from June 8 - June 16, and interview is on June 11, do you guys think I have enough time? so that my fiancee can come back with me :) if you look at my timeline i've got my trip planned until the interview day... :huh:

Hi HelloWorld08,

Tom and Ling

yea, on the week before i go, i work sunday-thursday, so this is why i could go a little early...

Hi HelloWorld08,

The reason I was asking..Was because why don't you leave on Saturday the 6th of June and that way you would arrive in Guz. on the 7th and in doing so..You could attend ACH and get things notarized on the 8th....Just a thought.... :D

But good luck with what ever you do..... :D

Tom and Ling

Hi HelloWorld08,

Tom and Ling

Hi HelloWorld08,

The reason I was asking..Was because why don't you leave on Saturday the 6th of June and that way you would arrive in Guz. on the 7th and in doing so..You could attend ACH and get things notarized on the 8th....Just a thought.... :D

But good luck with what ever you do..... :D

Tom and Ling

thanks!!

i arranged it so that the 8th will be the start of my vacation, so i have 3 free days friday-sunday.

thanks for everybody's response...